Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dates with the Girl

In case you missed the theme of the weekend, it's family. We decided to each take Flower on a date. Lynnette and the gang had given me a gift certificate for my birthday in August for a Mom and Me Spa Day at MonkeyDooz. This was the perfect day to use it. We went straight there after the Discovery Center. KG dropped us off while he did some shopping. We enjoyed pedicures and manicures together and then Flower got her hair did. She thought the barbie jeep was pretty cool AND she got to watch Little Mermaid while the girl beautified her hair. It was a lot of fun and a nice bit of time for just us.










I scraped off all my nail polish today during church. It was already coming off. And I hate having my nails painted. It just gives me something to pick at. Yuck. The toes on other hand, they'll be good to go till at least the middle of December. :)
KG picked us up when we were all done. He then dropped me off at home and he took Flower for their date. They went to see Wall-E. Due to the fact that she only slept 5 hours the night before and she hadn't had a nap, she was asleep on his nap half way through. I'm sure she still enjoyed her daddy time.
When they got home we had pizza and chilled out for the rest of the night which consisted of Flower playing while I processed and uploaded all the days photos and texted. KG fell asleep super early! The bum.
Awesome day.
We went to church together as a fam today and then chilled the rest of the night.
I got some bad news after church to add to the emotion I was already feeling for the day. Poor Flower keeps asking me if I'm ok and if I'm sad because I can't get the tears to stop. And I am sad. I lost someone very special and she deserves her own post. And unfortunately I can't go to the funeral which is leaving me more upset.
It really has been a fabulous weekend though and I'm grateful for that!

1 comment:

A-me said...

Hey, I know that theater! ;)

The spa day looks like soooo much fun! Izzard loves getting a pedi

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out