Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Goodness

Friday was such a fun day. We started out at Audie's getting our hair cut. Both Flower and Jovie always seem excited by the prospect of playing together but when they actually are together, they play separate. :) I had a few minutes of cuddle time with Jovie that I enjoyed though. After Audie's we went to my sister's work. They had a haunted house and served a BBQ lunch. They had bounce houses for the kids and lots of candy. It was a fun activity. After that we went out to the Outlet Mall for trick-or-treating. KG spent so much time on our costumes that we figured we wanted to wear them as much as possible. We wore them all day plus 3 other days during the week. They were well used. Flower was loaded with more candy at the outlet mall and then we went home for naps. At 5:30 Lynnette came by with Tristan as Don King. I loved it!
By 6:00 pm we were at the Goodsell's ward party. We ate a potato bar with various side dishes. Then we managed to win best group costumes again. There was two wards and there was around 350 people there. There was some great costumes so I was surprised we won. Of course I was happy! All his effort paid off. We won last year too. We just can't be beat! :) The amount of people at that party made me thankful for our small little ward. It was just too crowded and overwhelming.
KG made all the costumes, except the box. Lisa threw that together a few hours before the party since John had been out of town for the previous festivities. I thought it looked awesome!
We all participated in their wards trunk-or-treat before KG, Flower, and I went to my parents house. My grandma was in town from Utah and she and my Aunt Carolyn wanted to see everyone. I ended up having a really enjoyable time. KG, Flower and I, along with Ryan, Amanda, Lorelai, Spencer and Kas went with my Dad trick-or-treating throughout thier neighborhood. We did an entire huge block and it was fun to be trick-or-treating with my Dad again. It was such a beautiful night. The nicest Halloween night I can recall in years!
I think we finally made it home after 11:00. Flower had SO much candy. I was actually surprised with how much she got. And she's continued to get more since then.

Her cute friend Madeline gave her that Halloween bag. It was made by Madeline's grandma. It was so cute and perfect for the candy. Sara, be sure to thank your mom for us. It was so thoughtful to include Flower!

The bowl was completely overflowing and doesn't even include all her candy. Kind of ridiculous for a three year old but we're not complaining. :)
We had such an awesome day! Next Halloween can't come soon enough and we already have our costumes planned! :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow what a candy stash! Fun Fun! We can't wait to see next year's costumes!

La belle mère said...

I can't decide which is cuter: Don King or Flower's face in the last picture! Glad to hear you had such a great Halloween week. :-)

John and Danielle said...

Love the crayons! Very impressed wit KG's abilities...are you taking custom orders??

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out