Friday, November 7, 2008

Musings from the week.

Barb has been sick therefore I have been working both our shifts all week. Poor lady. She just becomes so weak when she's sick. And I don't mind working for her at all. That's the beauty of working here is we just cover for each other so I don't feel as bad when I need time off. For example today, I was supposed to do Barb's and my shift but had something come up during my shift. I'm working Lynnette's shift this morning instead and she is working mine tonight and we'll share her mom's. It's awesome. I know you were all dieing to know my work schedule. :)
.......
In this house we are happy about the Obama win! :) That's all I'll say on the subject.
.......
My heart has been warmed this week by the love I've received from my moms, sisters, friends and 4 super great ladies/friends in my ward! I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such awesome gals.
.......
I tried a new 'do on Flower before preschool Thursday morning.
It's a zig zag braid with a side pony tail. It only took about 10 minutes.
We had to be up and out of the house by 7:30!!! Yikes. I had an endocrinology appointment. It was a 6 month check up for my thyroid. I have been feeling so tired, achy and moody the last couple of months so I was sure it was out of whack again. Sure enough, it was almost back to the level before they started treating it. They raised my meds and will recheck me in 6 weeks. My thyroid function is decreasing so rapidly that now I'm going to have to return every 3 months. That's a lot of damn blood tests.
.......
Last night we had a fundraiser for Flower's preschool. It was catered by Carrabba's. Yum. There was also silent and live auctions going on. It was pretty fun. During the auctions the kids went with all the teachers for some fun activities. We walked away with some great Christmas presents for a couple of people.
.......
My weekend is going to be low key for the most part.
I'm super excited about a party tonight!
Tomorrow night I'm getting together with some gals at Rhonda's house to make some Christmas presents.
And there's nothing on the agenda for Sunday which is lovely.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Heather BT said...

Um, For the hair challenged, could you please explain HOW you made flowers hair have zigzag braids?

It sounds like this new (ish) job is just lovely and supportive, I'm so glad, because tit was such a big move to make.

take care, Heather BT

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out