Friday, November 21, 2008

We would like to introduce you to....

...Miss River!!!
Born Thursday November 20, 2008.(My mom's birthday!)
Weight: 10 pounds
Length: 19 inches

After 36 hours of labor, with us waiting in the waiting room for most of it, she was finally brought into this world through c-section. We are so glad she's here!


We are so excited and happy for this new chapter in our lives.
So here's the scoop. I haven't wanted to post publicly about it until we were really sure everything would be ok. I started a private blog as soon as we got the call. I've tried to write exactly what I was thinking and going through each step of the way. I'm considering letting people read it but I will keep it private as I want to know who's reading. If you are interesting in reading that, leave your email address in the comment sections. I'll mull it over for a couple of days and if I decide I want to share, I'll send you an invite.

We should all be discharged Saturday at noon so please keep us in your prayers that all will go smooth!

Thanks so much to everyone for your love and support.

17 comments:

Laura Bennion said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely adorable!

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Wahooooooo! Congratulations :)

KG said...

She was 10 lbs 4 oz but now after 30 hours of life and 15 diaper changes, she is weighing in at 9 lbs 12 oz.

Jen said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful.

Jenn said...

Ooh! How exciting for your family! What does big sister Flower think?

MKB said...

OH MY GOSH! She is so cute! I want to pinch her cute little cheeks

A-me said...

what a bundle of pure cute-ness!! The hat you made her looks like a perfect fit!

Congrats to all of you!!

Norma said...

Wow!!!!!!!!! Congratulations. You are blessed and what
a gift for Flower........a sister.
You bet I would love to hear how it evolved if you want to share.
God is good.

Lori Lou said...

Invite me! lorihrobinson@hotmail.com

Sandee said...

She is one cute little girl. Congratulations, I can't wait to cuddle up with her!

Gorge Us Family said...

Congratulations!

Keri Hallmark Oldroyd said...

Keep me on your email list....I want to hear the latest news. I'm praying for your fmaily today. Thepictures are adorable, she is beautiful! I love the one with the yawm with Flower...too cute! Love you guys,
Keri

Holwege Family said...

Congratulations, her and Flower are so beautiful.

Heather BT said...

I was praying this was the news, so glad to see her.
Heather BT

Michelle Colt said...

Congratulations...she is so beautiful..gee kg, now your half way there to having a crap load of kids like us. You must be mormons as well. I'm excited for you guys. What a special time.

Carey said...

Congratulations to all of you! I'm not sure if there is anything more exciting than introducing a new little someone to the family. I wish you all the best!
Carey

Mirjam said...

Delurking here. I'm an adoptive mom from the Netherlands (1 biological son, 1 daughter from China). I've been following Nina/Flower since she entered the Starfish Foster Home and I still drop by here occasionally.

Congrats on your beautiful new daughter. I would really like to be invited, my emailadress is mirjam.lambooij@tiscali.nl

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out