Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today was just awesome!

Today was a really great day. Let me tell you why. Or maybe the last two days have been great.
First, lets back up to yesterday(Tuesday).
My testimony of tithing was strengthened tremendously yesterday and a huge burden has been lifted. We have a bit more finagling to do but the stress is gone! I am feeling so at peace right now with several things that are falling into place. :)
On a totally unrelated note, Jenna asked me to do the flower arrangement for her hair for the wedding. She and Casey dropped off the goods that she wanted it made of. I sat down last night to do it and KG got in on the action. I told him my ideas and he executed it beautifully. Then he left for work. Something about it seemed off. Like it was too narrow and long. I came to that conclusion when I tried it on. So I attempted to tweak it and I thought I totally ruined it. I was crying because I felt so bad for ruining what he had done. I finally texted him at work to tell him I ruined it. Story to be continued at the end of the post.
Look how cute he is working so hard on this!

Today I received the best news I have heard in a long time. Now...I have been thinking about this all day. I am going to come off as such a bitch but frankly, I just don't care. I've decided I'm not taking the high road with this. I'm going to tell like I see it. So here goes. Rumor has it that a certain someone at my old job got fired! It just might be the same person that was in the process of getting rid of me before I stuck it to them. And I'm pretty sure it's the same person who pushed out every decent employee that company has ever had in the time I was there. When this person took over certain responsibilities, the company went down the toilet. Perhaps getting rid of great employees isn't such a dandy idea. Everyone I worked with there could see within a year of this persons new position that it was bad news. Do you think the owner had a clue. No. I'm not sure where his head was the past two years but I'll let you take a guess. His company is falling apart and he's no where to be found. This person should have been fired a year ago. But no...they just continued pushing everyone out that had been hired by the person who hired me. Anyone that potentially threatening to them. It's very sad really. When I started, it was such a great company. It felt like a big family. Then a year later, wham, everything changed. And the third year I was there, well, it was laughable. This person was the butt of many jokes. I still don't get why they were hired to begin with and what the owner saw in them. But to sum it up, paybacks a bitch baby. You weren't fooling anyone!
And a little side note, I know this person stocked my blog while I worked there and I've hoped they've contined since I left so they could see how truly happy I am. I really hope they're still reading it now so they know how I really feel.
So yes...call me evil but the fact that someone got fired made.my.day! Now I feel I can truly let that experience go and start remembering the great times I had with some of my favorite people from that job! :)
Another piece of happiness was that today someone I know gave me a big Scentsy order that I was able to turn in to my sister that will help her with extra Christmas money and help my sister-in-law earn some free stuff. Awesome!
Tonight topped it off. On his way to Scouts, KG dropped me off to help make parting gifts for Jenna's wedding. It was really fun and relaxing. It was just what I needed and we had some good laughs. I'm so happy that I was invited to help. Plus Kris made yummy soup and Matt made some amazing cookies. They tasted just like mine! I am so picky with chocolate chip cookies so I was impressed! :)


I was telling them about the hair piece saga. When I told them how it looked when I tried it on they pointed out that it was going on the side of her head, not the top/back. That made all the difference! KG had stopped earlier to buy more stuff since I had 'ruined' it. Well, when we got home we cozied up in bed to watch Boston Legal and he was going to redo it. Once he started looking at it and I explained how she'd be wearing it he looked at me and said, "I think what you did looks great. It will totally work for how she is going to wear it." Yay! We didn't have to redo it. I didn't ruin it after all. So he gets the credit because he put it together and 'built' it. I just tweaked it and made it curved instead of straight. We both like it and hope they do too!
We also hope they'll be honest if they don't like it!!! It won't hurt our feelings and won't be a big deal to redo.
I just can't even describe how excited I am for that day! It's been so fun to be a part of it every step of the way and I don't think I've looked forward to a wedding more then this one. They are just so dang cute together. Plus Flower is in the wedding and that will be so much fun!

We've also had some super yummy eats here lately. One night KG made pork chops marinated in a sauce that included marionberry jelly. It was to die for. Then the other night he made apple/walnut/feta stuff chicken breasts. He tossed the extra stuffing with mixed greens for an incredible salad. KG is an amazing cook. Last night I made killer chicken tacos that were so easy! You can find the recipe here.

So that about sums it up. It's been a really good couple of days. AND. ..I get to sleep-in in the morning! KG is going to karate to teach so he is going to take Flower to preschool. It will be heavenly.

I wish you all a wonderful Thursday.

Peace out peeps.

4 comments:

KG said...

You forgot to mention the home made raviolis that took me hours to make. =) I guess you should probably wait to blog about them until we actually cook and eat them.

sara :) said...

You know, it's noble and everything to take the high road but sometimes you just have to enjoy karma.

I'm glad things are going good for you guys. And to hear that KG is more of a female than I'll ever be!

Audie said...

KG needs to teach Jared how to cook! I need a night off every now and then. I'm glad things are going well. I like the hairpiece!

KG said...

Sara - It's not hard to be more female than a lesbo like you. Love ya!
Audie - I would glad come cook for you guys if you want to hire me as your personal chef. =)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out