Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Annual Chinese Food Christmas

Each year we get together at my brother's house to enjoy a Chinese food meal, gift exchange, games and fun! This year was no exception. It occurs a week before Christmas so that we can celebrate with his family before they head to their cabin. We had such a great time!
Miss Lorelai was the most coveted guest of the evening!


Here she is doing push ups! :)

Here's my favorite photo of the night!
This is the first year the children have acted out the Christmas Story. We finally had a good age range and it turned out so stinkin' cute! I even got a little choked up! *gasp* I know! So not like me...don't tell anyone.


Lauren then read the actual story and the whole thing was just very sweet. I'm sure it hit me more seeing my own child it in!


Flower loves her new Strawberry Shortcake Dance video from Ryan, Amanda and baby Lorelai! Sandee gave all of us a great little star ornament with the word 'JOY' on it. She explained that not only does it mean happiness but each letter has great meaning. 'Jesus, Others, Yourself' is the order that we should put all things in our lives. I love it! I have several 'joy' things that I hang up at this time of the year and now they have even more meaning and what a great reminder!

Everyone else was just as spoiled! (well except Sandee's family because we have them and their gifts weren't done yet...sorry!)



Later in the evening while we were playing Bubble Brain there was a knock at the door. A 16 year old boy was dropping off a gift for the family. Lauren answered the door and came back holding the gift and blushing. Looks like this 12 year old had a little crush! Of course everyone had to tease her. She turned so bright red and it was all quite funny!
Fun times!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Again I am asking for copies of the pictures. :) After we are finished with all of the Holiday get togethers then I will make you a copy of all the ones I have taken since Halloween! I was there and I know it was fun, but seeing all of your pictures made it look so much more fun! The picture of Lorelai that you said is your favorite photo is so funny! I can't stop laughing!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out