Monday, December 3, 2007

The Giving Tree

We decided last Saturday that tonight for Family Home Evening we would take some tags off of the big Christmas tree on the Grove. It's called the Giving Tree. There are tags on the tree that will serve needy women and children at the City Lights Shelter. We decided to invite the Sturgill's along. This afternoon Flower and I walked back to the tree to get them a tag as well. We had a lovely walk and were excited to see Raeaune(as Flower calls her) on our way! Flower was soon picking off all the tags she could reach! As much as I'd love to provide for all the needs on every tag, I just don't have the finances to support that. (Although with the amount we spent today I'm sure I could have come close but more on that later) We had fun dancing around as I reattached them!

















This evening we met the Sturgill's at Goodwood BBQ. Oh but wait...I almost forgot about the flat tire we got on the way there while on the connector!
Here's KG risking his life while changing the tire as cars and semi trucks are flying by at full speed!Jerry pulled up behind us and helped KG finish up and we were soon on our way again in just 10 minutes! KG rocks!
Finally some yummy food at Goodwood, but only after some fun at the table, like making the waitress drop a glass of water on Matty! :) Ah...good times Kris!
After we enjoyed our dinner we went to Walmart to do the shopping for the items on the tags. We were in search of two sets of silverware, a set of canisters, bath towels for three, hats scarves and gloves for two, bed rails, and a high chair(which we weren't successful in finding). We had fun just playing around in the store with them!

It ended up being a much more expensive day then we planned. Maybe we should stop helping people, it seems to jinx us!

Last week I was trying to be nice and let a friend that I work with borrow our truck because his car broke down. He was having to find rides each afternoon to pick up his son from school. The truck hasn't given us any problems the whole two years we've had it. I get a call from him a few hours later...he's stuck on the connector! Are you kidding me?! How embarrassing after assuring him that it runs just great! So today we went to pick it up from Tune Tech...$800 for two fuel pumps.

Then tonight on our way to do something nice for women and children in need our tire blows out. Now we have to get a new tire for the car...who knows how much that will cost! Aside from the fact that other things on that damn car need to be fixed. At least the rest of the money spent for the night was on fun things and helping others!

Yikes...over a $1000 later, it's a good thing we're made of money! Yeah right! I just try to stick to KG's philosophy, "it's only money". Much easier for him to say since I balance the checkbook! To bad there's no money left for that counseling I need! ;)

I'm just really grateful to be able to spend time with good friends while helping others that are in a must worse spot then I!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out