Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hiking Camel's Back, Organic food, and Soup

Today was a lovely, fulfilling day. I worked earlier then normal so I could spend time outside with Flower. We made a stop at the main office with all my paper work and then headed to Camel's Back Park. I had planned to hike and then drop her off at a friends. While we were there, the friend called and said she wouldn't be able to take Flower after all. So we decided to play longer. We hiked to the top of the hill. She walked the whole way and did awesome! I didn't take the camera with me to the top because I didn't want to have to carry it. I wish I would have. I forgot how much I love the view! I guess we'll just have to do it again soon! After that we played on the playground for a bit. I was quickly reminded of why I like to go to the Sturgill's backyard rather then parks. For one thing we are alone and just the two of us can play. She just gets too overwhelmed by all the kids and toys. She starts being mean to other kids. This is probably a sign I need to get her around kids more often but for now, too bad! She went down a couple of slides and then wanted to ride a dinosaur. Then she decided she wanted to ride a different one but as I was helping her out of hers, another little girl got on the other one. She started yelling at the girl. I informed her that we would have to wait until the girl was done and then she could have a turn. I tried to distract her with another climb and slide. Halfway up the climbing wall she flipped out and wanted the dinosaur. I gave her a warning that if she couldn't be nice and not throw fits we'd have to come back another day. Well, her fit continued so I scooped her up and off we went. So it was a short trip. She screamed for a bit too but sometimes that's good for them. We then went to Pizza Hut and shared a personal pan pizza. After a stop at the State Street apartments we dropped the car off at Les Schwab to find out that the tire was ruined. We need two new tires. $200. Yippee! I just love to spend money on shit like that, especially at this time of year! So we left the car there and walked to the bank and then home. She was a real champ with how much she walked! I didn't carry her once. She tagged along with some work that had to be done at the Idanha and then went down for her nap. She fell asleep right away! :) While I was getting some work stuff together, I received a delivery from Brown Box Organics. I've wanted to try them out for awhile so I place an order last week for some of the things we need. They sell the same stuff as the Co-op for the same price or less and they deliver for free! :)

Seeing all these fresh vegetables in a box prompted the need to make a yummy soup before I went back to work. Standing over the kitchen sink, washing and chopping all these vegetables from local farms was very therapeutic! It also just felt really good knowing I was making a yummy meal for my family that wasn't loaded with pesticides! We also got fresh baked bread, fresh fruit, dried fruit and fruit flats! Yum!

After calling my mom for her Autumn Stew recipe, throwing everything in the crock and cleaning up, I went back to work. I have an unusually high amount of vacancies for this time of year so I'm trying to get them rented!
Once Flower woke up she was so excited to see all the fruit! We shared a banana and each had a fruit flat, then a tangelo.

When KG woke up we all walked or should I say hobbled (both of us have bum legs right now but that will be a separate post) to Les Schwab to get the car. Here's how Flower dressed for your walk! :)
KG then dropped me off and took Flower to Scouts with him. That gave me a chance to clean things up a bit and then set up a nice surprise for Flower. I put a mini tree in her room and then set up a Fisher Price Little People Nativity set. She was so excited when they got home! :)

We ate the yummy soup for dinner and now I get to go soak in a bubble bath while I read a good book!
I couldn't ask for a better day!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out