Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekend in Review -updated with photos!

Friday night started a four day weekend for KG so that in itself makes it perfect for me! :) So Friday night I walked down the long, creepy, dark alley to Oriental Express and got take-out. I was a bit nervous because of recent circumstances but I was never nervous before and know I can't let things bother me forever and look, I survived! The last time we ate there the only Chinese food I liked was sweet and sour chicken. I didn't like theirs so we haven't eaten there since. Now I don't like sweet and sour chicken and my new obsession is Crab Rangoon and I'm on a hunt for the best! That place is by far my favorite Chinese restaurant inside. It's delightful just to walk into! The decorations are so charming! I will definitely be 'eating in' sometime soon!

While I was getting the food, KG was at home cleaning the kitchen and bathing Flower. When I got home we all sat on the living room floor and enjoyed our meal. It was delicious! This is where I will go from now on to get my beloved Crab Rangoons and General's Chicken! Yum! I can hardly believe I didn't give this place another change sooner considering it's only a block away! After that I holed myself into my craft room to work on a couple of Christmas gifts.
Saturday KG went with his dad to the cabin to close things up. Flower and I enjoyed some tv shows with breakfast in bed. We didn't get out of bed until it was time for lunch! :) I had just gotten done making lunch when KG called. They were back and headed to the Holiday Saturday Market. (Taking Flower to this in the morning was in my original plans for my day but being in the cozy bed cuddling up was much more appealing!) It was now a bit warmer outside so we quickly got dressed, left our food on the counter headed and down to meet them. Dad got some great Christmas gifts and KG and I got some bison sausage logs and jerky that also came with some 'cow patty' shaped fudge! ;) When we got back to the apartment we put Flower down for her nap and enjoyed some great conversation with Dad. It's been awhile since we've been able to do that on a Saturday afternoon and I quite enjoyed it! I really love his dad and enjoy time with him. Mom was soon calling to find out if the boys were back in town...oops! We then felt bad that we hadn't thought to call and invite her down. So we met her for dinner instead! We met up at Ruby River Steak House-RRSH, a new restaurant in town. Flower was greeted with a new book about Christmas from Grandma! Thank you! RRSH was good and very similar to our favorite steak house, Texas Road House-TRH. Here's our comparison: KG's and Dad's steaks was better then TRH. RRSH's drinks had lots of room for improvement. TRH's sides are better. Overall, we still like TRH better and is worth the drive to Meridian but we enjoyed our meal nonetheless. After that we parted ways with mom and dad and went to Grandma Jensen's. We helped her program a new gigantor remote control, set up and email account on the computer, raided her recipes to write down some of our favorites and had a wonderful time visiting! Flower had a great time playing with a mini-clock that she keeps on her table. She is drawn to it every time we go there! She also liked dancing to the Christmas music Grandma had on the TV and 'organizing' her butterfly coasters. While there I did something really stupid which then overshadowed the rest of my weekend but what do you do? We were soon on our way to the Goodsell's. As soon as we got there KG and John went to the store to fetch some things Lisa needed for a dinner on Sunday and I needed for a dessert on Tuesday for my Enrichment night. Once they got back we played Killer Bunnies with our two new expansion packs. The new cards provided some added entertainment and were a hit. John of course provided never ending laughter!
Sunday ended up being an entirely lazy day! One of the reasons I look forward to KG's 4 day weekends is because we can all go to church together somewhat awake and stay for the whole thing which is nice. I got everything ready before we went to bed but I was in no mood to go and just wanted to be alone! We also didn't get home from Goodsell's till almost 1:30 am so we were all tired. I woke up in time but chose instead to make us all breakfast in bed and then KG and I slept off and on pretty much all day. I spent a couple hours awake with Flower and then when she went down for her nap, I enjoyed a bubble bath and a good read. Before I knew it, it was 3:45. We were supposed to be at Rhonda's for dinner and games at 4:00 with 3 other couples and a single gal. I of course had no desire to go, not because it wouldn't be fun, but because I didn't want to be around anyone, have to get ready, wake Flower up from her nap and even get out of the tub! I sent a text to KG waking him up and asked what he wanted to do. He decided to get himself and Flower ready and went without me with the promise that I would come later. I finally got out of the bath at 5:00. I got ready to go and finished watching Friday Night Lights which I had started earlier and now here I am, writing this and trying to find a way out of going without feeling like a jerk. It's now 6:00 and I better just get my ass over there so that I don't disappoint him. Happy weekend to all!
I finally made it over and they were deep into a game of Redneck Life. :)

We then played a couple rounds of Catch Phrase and Such and Such.
Flower had a ball with Erika playing dress up. She also enjoyed her other buddies Topher and Madison.



No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out