Sunday, December 23, 2007

Santa Claus and Saturday Fun!

I took Flower across the street to Macy's to see Santa Claus. It wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought it was going to be, and John was working so he provided some good distraction from the wait. I loved the setting of Santa in the window and the old sleigh. Super cute! Flower was a bit nervous at first. She didn't want to go so we decided to let the little girl that was behind us go. Well that's when Flower's inner brat came out. She marched up there and pushed her off the steps and said, "My Santa!" and was happy to climb on up after that. The photographer took the close up. I was bummed that Santa turned out a little out of focus! Other people's photos were turning out so cute!
I also wanted the cute backdrop of the sleigh so I was happy that I brought my camera.

We then got in the car and went to Jim's Coffee Shop for breakfast. This is the only place I will eat French Toast because no one else's even compares! I also love their bacon! I don't really like bacon but theirs melts in your mouth. So Flower and I shared a plate of both and she charmed everyone around as usual!

When we got home she helped get things ready for our gathering that night. The gaybors stopped by with a Christmas gift since they were heading to Danny's parents house till after Christmas. They gave her a food set to go with a kitchen she just *may* be getting! She just loved it and aren't they so cute! Ah, we adore them! Soon enough RaeAunn and Steve showed up to get Flower for the evening.
John and Lisa, Rhonda and Eric, and Mitch and Kristy then arrived and we ate Pita Pit. We did a gift exchange and then Mitch and Kristy left for a play. The rest of us then played all the fun new games we'd received! Oh, and Rhonda also gifted us the most amazing homemade candy! I didn't get a photo but it's so delicious!
We played The Annoying Thing Game which is basically answering questions with this damn thing screaming in your ear so it makes you lose your focus. It was really bought as a joke by us for John because, well, it fits his personality perfectly! The crazy thing? It's actually super fun!
We also played Urban Myth,


Big Brain Academy,
and Dirty Minds(which was given to us. How appropriate!). All the games were so much fun. Of course Dirty Minds took the cake and was hilarious! Most people know that I'm slightly irreverent and my mind frequently goes into the gutter! Well, if you can believe it, this game made me blush! So fun!
We also enjoyed chocolate fondue with strawberries to dip throughout the games! YUM!

Flower was returned home around 9:00 and boy did she have fun! They had dinner with the missionaries, drove around looking at Christmas lights and then stopped at Goodies for ice cream! Spoiled much?! Thanks RaeAunn and Steve for watching her for us!
Rhonda and Eric had to get going after the three games.
We then played Quelf with the Goodsell's. This game is so funny and it's not even dirty! Hilarity ensued with with all sorts of rules like Lisa not being able to bend her arms and legs for a period of the game,

John having to drink an entire cup of water backwards

and all sorts of stunts. I recommend any of these games! KG actually had to leave for work shortly after this game started. When he left he called to inform me that the police were in the lobby with one girl in hysterics and one guy in hand cuffs. I went down to find out what was going on and spent the next hour with the police. It's entirely too long of a story about one of my tenants that has been totally disrespectful of me finally giving me the ammunition I need to evict them!(the girl and guy in the lobby were not tenants but underage kids that got drunk in one of my tenants apartments so they were waiting to be picked up by their parents.) Anyway, it was fun because I haven't had any police action in a while. By the time the Goodsell's left it was 1:00 AM and Miss Thing still wasn't asleep! I put her to bed and got to work on the Sunday bulletin that I usually have done by Thursday night. I have just been so busy this week trying to complete Christmas gifts. This is exactly why I don't like putting it off. I did all the color portions of the bulletin and finally went to bed at 3:30. I then decided to take a bath to try and make myself tired, not getting to bed until 5:30 AM only to wake at 7:30 to get ready so we could get to the church to complete the bulletin. Whew! What a fun day!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out