Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

We were definitely spoiled this year and boy did we have fun with miss Flower! When KG got home from work at 7:30 am he had a nice conversation with his brother Ryan. He then woke me up about 8:00 after putting on his Christmas jammies. We enjoyed some time together opening a few gifts and then his parents showed up.

We made the cream and the strawberries and then woke up Flower.

She and I were both surprised by her new bed that KG built for her!


Her mattress has been on the floor. She now has a great bed with two cubbies underneath for toys. He's not quite done with it yet. Since he wanted it to be a surprise for both of us, his time to work on it was limited. I will post photos of it completed because he has some super cute things for it!
She then saw the new bed for her dolls and a train set from Santa Claus.

In the midst of eating yummy crepes she opened her beloved kitchen set from KG's parents.

I swear I think they made her year(and ours) because she was glued to it all afternoon (which meant some free time for me!). She was so cute with it making food, doing dishes, giving me samples. It will be a very fun toy to have. My sister had given us one of Kas' shopping carts. We saved it and added all the food from the gaybors to it and she thought that was pretty dang cool!

My parents showed up shortly after and she was thrilled with their gift of the movie Cinderella!

She then opened several from us.


Once our parents left, KG and I opened gifts from Flower and then finished our gifts to each other before moving on to our stockings.

I am very thankful for all my gifts including a cricut cartridge, Gidget tv shows (which I'm watching right now!), a crocheted blanket from my mom!, cup holders, tools and a jump start system for my bus as well as a VW book, Deceptively Delicious cookbook, massage things that plug into usb ports, and several games! I also got the cutest little stuffed frog from Flower that she picked out all by herself.
KG was equally spoiled with lots of games, lots of hilarious t-shirts, a cute tie with Flower throwing the 'rock on' sign, tv shows on dvd, Dremel set, sunglasses, and Hickory farms loot. We then moved to Flower's room so that KG could put her kitchen together. Flower and I sat on her new bed to observe!


When KG went to bed Flower and I went to the living room to cuddle up and watch Cinderella. I fell asleep for a good portion of it but I couldn't get Flower to take a nap for anything. Too much excitement!
That night she and I went to Grandma and Grandpa Hunter's(KG's grandparents) for dinner. YUM! They didn't disappoint with so much yummy food and dessert. I had some good laughs with the cousins and Flower had a great time playing with the little cousins. She was also given and adorable doll that will fit perfectly in her new doll bed. We were sent home with so many goodies!


When we got home RaeAunn and boy Steve came by and spoiled her some more! Thank you guys!
Flower and I finished out the night together reading her new 'Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?' Leap Pad book. She is now fast asleep! :) KG is also at work and I'm enjoying peace and Gidget!
We are very blessed that we could spend so much time today with family and loved ones! We had so much fun teaching Flower about Santa and gift giving and all that entails. We also tried to teach her about giving the toys she no longer needs to someone else to make room for other things. But most important, we had such fun teaching her about baby Jesus and reading her the Christmas story. I loved hearing her point to our nativity scene and ask about Baby Jesus. I couldn't have asked for a better first Christmas with our daughter. We are so blessed to have her with us this season! I am so grateful she is in our lives and she has blessed us with so much!
We love you all and are thankful for you in our lives!

1 comment:

sara :) said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. The play kitchen is money well spent. She'll play with it forever!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out