Friday, December 7, 2007

Ornament Exchange

Every year since KG and I got married, we have exchanged an ornament that had some meaning to us throughout that year. Usually we exchange them the night we put up the tree. This year KG was having a bit of difficulty finding that perfect one. He finally had his inspiration when he went to get his massage this week. The gal had beautiful glass ornaments that were handmade by someone local. He knows how much I love handmade gifts and then when it's supporting someone local, that's even better! So he walked in the door and proclaimed that he was ready for the exchange! I jumped off the treadmill and was so excited to see what he'd come up with. I was also excited for him to see the one I'd chosen. (We aren't going to include Flower in this normally because we want this to be something special between us. This year however, I got us one for our first Christmas together and she got to open that one.)

The first one is the one I chose for KG. It signifies our love of games and well, we're just perfect for each other :).
The second one is the one he chose for me! This year especially has been about hand-made as I've learned how to sew and just love all different art forms. This is just beautiful! Thanks honey!
The last one is our 2007 family ornament. Frogs are my favorite and I love the wiggly little legs on this ornament!
Our tree gets cuter every year and is filled with memories of special times!

2 comments:

sara :) said...

Those ornaments are great! I love the family one. I was looking at stuff like that last night but they don't make family ornaments with a bazillion kids! I'd have to choose a few names to leave off and I don't think that would go over well...

ang :o) said...

thanks! you should check out www.personalcreations.com. that's where i got kg's ornament and the frog one. everything is personalized and they have several for up to 10 names. I got my mom a santa globe for her birthday that i was able to put our entire families names and even the dog! :) check it out! i did almost all my shopping there this year.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out