Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve

The whole day was packed full of fun! In the morning we put Flower in a big bubble bath while we finished up our 12 days of Christmas! :) Although this may be too much information for some(if so don't read the next few sentences), this is my journal and I don't ever want to forget this! Plus, I want my kids to read this when I'm all old and senile and know that at one point, mom and dad could really get their groove thing on! Soooo, 78 org*sms(for me) in 12 days....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME! :)
After that we were starving so we all went to breakfast at Jim's Coffee Shop. I knew that Joni was working and wanted to wish her a Merry Christmas. We played with the camera and just had a great time being silly.





We then took a big load of stuff to the Idaho Youth Ranch. KG and I went through Flower closet last night getting rid of a bunch of toys knowing she will be getting more for Christmas. When we got home KG went to bed and I worked on mom's Christmas gift. After a bit I decided to put in Polar Express because Flower hasn't seen it yet. As soon as that movie started she was snuggled up on my lap and totally mesmerized! She loved it! When it got to the 'Hot Chocolate' song she turned and said she wanted hot chocolate so we paused the movie and made us some hot cocoa. She thought it was so cool that she was drinking hot cocoa at the same time as the kids. She had me replay that seen three times!
She was cracking me up. She was so into it that she would scream at the tv. The part shown in the photo below when he goes on top of the train looking for the girl, she is screaming, "Be careful!" She was so worried about him falling and getting hurt. :)

We both ended up falling asleep near the end of the movie and slept for a couple of hours all cuddled up on the sofa. I really enjoyed that!
We woke up just in time to leave for my parents house for our annual Christmas Eve gathering.
We each brought appetizer's to share. My sister's family then opened the gifts from us. I made that dress, inside the shadow box, 5 1/2 years ago. Kas was blessed in it. I crocheted it and it took me 99 hours! I wanted to it to be taken care of and show cased and it took me this long to get it in a shadow box! I love how it turned out and hope my sister does too.
The rest of them seemed to enjoy their gifts as well. Yay. We gave Kas two dresses that are reversible, Gregg got a gift card for itunes, and Spencer was gifted a scrapbook that i made with all the photos I've ever taken of him this year. I love how it turned out!



Kas had my camera for a bit and didn't do too bad!


Santa Claus read us all Twas the Night Before Christmas before we put Flower in her Christmas jammies and slippers. Lorelai also got decked out in hers. Both the girls looked so cute and Flower had no problem posing!


All of us then piled in our cars to go check out a home all decked out for Christmas. I went to high school with the couple that live there. It was really well done and very entertaining! They have the lights in sync to music that you tune your car stereo to. There were five or six songs so it was fun to all be in our cars groovin to the music!
When we got home Flower set out a plate of cookies and carrots for Santa and the reindeer. Look how neat she lined them up. (Santa came in early and took a bite of one of the cookies before I could get a photo! Shame on him!) ;)
After Flower went to bed we cleaned things up. We moved some things around in her room so that new toys would fit. KG put the bed together that we bought for her doll, I put together the train set and also finished mom's gift. KG went to work and I made a huge plate full of crepes for the guests we are having over in the morning! I can hardly wait for the morning time to come! I am so excited to see Flower's face and just share this time with her. I am off to bed now to attempt falling asleep!

2 comments:

A-me said...

you said "I want my kids" meaning more than one child... :) planning adding a few more munchkinheads to the mix?

Heather BT said...

Ang,
I don't know whether you'll want to know this or not, but the 12 days of Christmas are really the days between Christmas and Epiphany when the wise men arrived. So, you guys were pre-celebrating. I just don't know if you two will be up for more celebrating, however much fun it sounds like, but hey, it would be worth a try!
Heather BT

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out