Monday, December 31, 2007

Thanks for the brownie mix!

On his way home from picking up Flower after church, KG picked up our niece Kassidee for a sleepover. KG went to bed when they got home and Flower went down for a nap. Kas and I played a couple games waiting for Flower to wake.

Once she woke up I made us popcorn and we played another game. We watched some Christmas cartoons one last time to clear out the Tivo.
We then made brownies from a mix that we received from Jerrykris. It was fun but of course turned into a fight about who gets to do what! But they both helped and had fun.


They jumped and played and general drove me nuts! :)

They deffinitely got along better last night. By today, they were driving me bonkers! She would baby Flower thinking Flower couldn't do anything on her own and talk to her in a baby voice. Flower wouldn't share a damn thing so she was constantly yelling, "mine!" "you knock it off!" "it's my turn!" Whatever one had, the other wanted and neither of them wanted to share. Between the baby talk from one and the screaming from the other, I wanted to knock their damn heads together!
I was thrilled when my sister called and suggested we meet at Olive Garden for lunch and then she would take Kas from there. Brilliant! Never mind that we all just ate breakfast! Especially considering my original plan was to drop her off on our way to our New Year's Eve party tonight. Egads! I don't think I would have lasted the whole day.


Anyway, We enjoyed lunch and I did enjoy my time alone with Kas playing games. I'm sure eventually those two will get along better! It's just the age.
This makes me grateful I only have one child right now! It would be different if I could send them into Flower's room to play but then they'd wake up KG. Having them under foot for that many hours is just too much!
Flower is now tucked away in bed for a nap and KG and I are going to cuddle up and watch the Nanny Diaries. Ah....peace and quiet! :)

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out