Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Indie Art!

I have to admit that I end up buying a lot of 'gifts' for myself/home/family throughout most of November and December! I do most of my shopping online and therefore see all kinds of great things for the house or myself as I'm looking for the perfect gift for someone else. I have a brother that buys himself tons of stuff and wraps it himself and gives it to himself for Christmas! I think that's lame so I just buy myself gifts and as they get delivered, it's like Christmas morning, only several times a week!! :) Now typically we don't have the vehicle expenses at this time of year that we've had lately. Had I known our cars were going to have issues, I wouldn't have spent the extra money. I've stopped shopping since those unexpected items occurred...except for yesterday when KG helped me pick out picture frames at Target. I've mentioned before that one of my favorite shops is Etsy! I love supporting Independent artists and especially local. I found art for both the bathrooms, the kitchen and Flower's room. After getting all the frames this week, I framed and got them all hung tonight while KG and Flower were at gymnastics and karate. LOVE THEM! :)
Here is the guest bathroom in which I have my frog collection:
I especially loved buying these from Lollitots because 100% of the proceeds went to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Anything that supports a cause is a plus for me! The artist also ended up being local! Score!
Here is our bathroom:
I thought everything about these birds from Elsie Cake was a nice touch and fit our personalties and relationship perfectly!

Here is Flower's room:
I loved the titles of everyone of these by Studio M! From left to right, BREAK THE ROUTINE, GOOD DAY, LOVE IS EVERYTHING (the print says: ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE which is one of my favorite Beatles songs!) and SOMEDAY I HOPE TO BE LIKE YOU (so sweet!)

Here is the kitchen:
I know these aren't traditional kitchen decor but since when am I traditional? :) I just love The Black Apple's style! I like the titles of these as well: from left to right, BUBBLEGUM BETTY, LYDIA, SMITHS GIRL (with a shirt that says 'a light that never goes out'), SCARF FOR TWO, and A GOOD EGG IS HARD TO FIND.

All my new decor makes me happy(way to self medicate!) and I love it! :)

3 comments:

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

love it, love it, love it!!!!!! The art is AMAZING!
You are so Cute and so is Flower!!!!

ang :o) said...

Thank you S for your sweet comment!

sara :) said...

Self medication is not a bad thing! Way cute prints!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out