Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ward Christmas Party


Last night was our Ward Christmas Party.

We had a wonderful turnout. We have far more people come this annual prime rib dinner then any other event, including church on Sunday. It's just awesome. It's sort of our big missionary push of the year and everyone is encouraged to bring neighbors, friends and family. We typically get between 100-150 at church on Sundays. I think an early count for the night was close to 300! So cool!
My parents joined us and I'm so glad! We just love our ward and all the fun, unique people in it. I just love to show them off.
Here are my cute parents!
My dad HATES to have his picture taken so KG was written out of the will last night! :)
Here is one of our favorite couples, RaeAunn and Steve. They are both so incredibly talented in the music department! I also adore their daughter Mallory from being her teacher, Achievement Days leader, and Girl's Camp Adviser. I was sad that she wasn't there. She reminds me a bit of myself when I was that age. She is having some struggles and I just wish she knew or could accept how much she is loved! I love her to pieces!
Here is our other favorite couple Jerry(cutting the meat) and Kris(holding Flower). The bishops wife, Ruth is the one in the middle and the two of them are such great leaders of our ward.
Jerry is Flower's buddy and she gets so excited to see him as well as Kris. He is in our bishop ric and therefore sits on the stand. She marched up there during the meeting just to give him a cracker. They shower us with constant unconditional love and we are so grateful for them! Here is Claudia, who is so much fun, with her sweet grandson Bryce. This special little guy was born with Spina Bifida. He is the reason that I chose to sponser Flower who was also born with Spina Bifida! I will never forget him...he is what initially inspired me to choose Flower and what brought us together! :)
And of course the most important photo of the night...
Flower's first time meeting Santa Clause! :)
The whole night was awesome with dinner, a lovely program with such beautiful music, dessert, Santa, family and friends! Perfect.

1 comment:

The Shaffer's said...

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE SOME OLD FRIENDS FROM THE 13TH WARD.
FLOWER IS GETTING SO BIG...SHE IS ADORABLE. IT LOOKS AS THOUGH YOU TWO ARE THE CUTEST PARENTS EVER! I REALLY MISS EVERYONE FROM THE 13TH WARD. THIS IS A LITTLE SHOUT OUT FROM THE SHAFFERS...MERRY CHRISTMAS!
BRECCA

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out