Friday, January 4, 2008

A date with the police

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I was shaken out of bed at 1:00 am with obnoxious music and dancing from above. I waited about a half hour and it wasn't stopping, only getting worse. Let me give you some background on these lovely tenants. The boy moved in to the apartment in August. Shortly thereafter the girl was seen with him pretty much everyday. I gave them a note that said if she wanted to live here she would need to apply and be added to the lease. "She wasn't living here" I was told. Whatever. Then a couple of weeks after that I saw boy in the elevator with puppy. We are a no pet property. This was explained to him when he signed his lease. He claimed it wasn't his but a friends that he was watching for the day. In October a fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. Here comes girl, that doesn't live here, with dog, that isn't their's, hidden under her coat. She bolts to her car and magically reappears without a bulge! Shortly thereafter boy arrived with hidden bugle and reappears bulge free after a visit to the car. Now they have two?! After the tenants were allowed to come back in I was standing in the lobby and approached to the two of them. I informed them that the dog(s) had to go...they claim there was only one, which they had previously denied. She began screaming at me, in front of tenants and hot firemen, that our lease agreement did not state he couldn't have pets and that she would get her attorney involved. As soon as people start throwing the attorney word around to intimidate me, I'm done with them. If you don't have the intelligence to have a conversation without having to threaten with an attorney, I don't need to be bothered with you. I also asked her why she was so invested in the argument if she didn't live here. She claimed her love for her boyfriend and defending him. Meanwhile boy is standing there looking ridiculous that he can't defend himself. She was totally out of line so one of my hot firemen came to my aid and told her to get lost! :) An hour later, after dealing with the fire department and helping them figure things out, I get in the elevator to find girl and boy waiting inside to mow me over with the lease and show me how wrong I am. I got out of the elevator and took the stairs. Fast forward to the weekend before Christmas. I am enjoying a nice evening here with the Goodsell's playing a game. KG leaves for work and calls to tell me that there are officers in the lobby with a crying girl and a guy in hand cuffs. I go down to see if there is anything I need to be aware of. Wouldn't you know it would involve said apartment. The two lovely people in the lobby were both underage and drunk, awaiting their parents arrival. I go upstairs with the officers to figure out exactly what is going on. There is a raging birthday celebration for girl who doesn't live here. The cops bang on the door. Girl answers, tells them to f-off and slams the door. NICE! Police stay calm and knock again. Girl opens door a tiny bit and dog that doesn't live there escapes to the hallway and lifts leg to officer. NICE! She refused to open the door knowing that everyone inside, whom was most likely underage, would be screwed. She tells the police that they are being responsible by staying in, not driving drunk, and minding their own business and that if the officers were there to complain about noise, the complaint was heard and noted and that they could go. *insert F word about every other word in that last sentence* My my, she's pleasant...and so respectful! The police inform her that she is not in a position to be negotiating with them. She says, "I'm not in a position to NOT be f-ing negotiating with them and they needed to leave her alone." I would love to slap that girl! After a half hour of lovely conversation with girl, boy comes out of nowhere behind me. She slams door again and continues the party. Bottles are being broken, music is turned up louder. Boy stands out side and won't let officers in either. To make this super long story a bit shorter, after an HOUR of his crap and attempts to negotiate with the officers, he takes a misdemeanor charge for disorderly house to protect the idiots in his apartment! Are you stupid? He now has to go to court, will have a $300 to $600 fine and possible 6 months in jail! I also informed him that he'd be getting evicted. Their bedroom is right above mine. Ever since then, right at midnight, they begin some marathon dancing to piss me off. It only lasts about a half an hour so I haven't even worried about. I know they're just trying to piss me off. So now here we are to last night. I thought I had escaped their immaturity but no, they just delayed it. At 1:00 am it sounded like 20 people packed into that place and began to dance to very loud music! The gaybors, who live right next door to these lovely human beings, were also awakened. We both called the police. I went outside to meet the officers. I explained the situation and was told there wasn't much they could do unless I could prove malicious intent. There was plenty of that but it was my word against theirs so nothing was likely to happen. Imagine my surprise when we get to the 5th floor to find two obnoxious apartments! The one next to said apartment actually had a live band in there! WTF! Are you kidding me! You live in an apartment complex, it's 1:30 am and you thinks it's ok to have drums, guitars, amplifiers and lord knows what else?! So they were the first apartment to tackle. The kid answered the door, played dumb that he thought it would be a problem and the noise ceased. Done. Now for our next order of business. They knocked on the door of said apartment...no answer...big surprise. They continue to knock. One officer hoists the other officer up to get a look through the glass above the door. They can't see anyone. That's because they're hiding out in the bedroom. They continue to bang, waking every other tenant on the floor, as the music gets louder! They were so funny. They were scratching on the door, banging on the door to the beat of their music...I was cracking up! Anyway, they were not about to answer the door. As we are sitting on the steps quietly, to make them think we left, the music stops and girl could be heard in the kitchen giggling, banging dishes and then start the music again. That was all the officers needed. Their time was being wasted and that was obvious malicious intent. They called who they needed to call for a search and arrest warrant and as long as the gaybors and I were willing to testify in court, they could take care of it right then. They had to wait for that to arrive and said I could now go home. They said they would call me if they needed me to unlock the door. I never heard from them. The gaybors heard a lot of noise but that was about it. I have a call into the police to see what transpired. I can hardly wait! :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You sure live quite the life managing those apartments. I hope there is good news when you get the report from the police. Ryan and I will never forget the night we were there and you found that apartment that had been broken into and had stolen things inside. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

holy crap! that is just insane!
hope you are rid of them for good this time....

sara :) said...

HA! HA! (Said in my best Nelson from the Simpsons voice.) It's always so wonderful when those who think they're above everything get taken down a notch.

Hope things have calmed down some.

La belle mère said...

Ho...lee...COW!

Well, I'm glad that at least some justice was done. I look forward to hearing the continuation!

Rani said...

Wow that is nuts! Are you still at the Idanha? Flower is adorable by the way!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out