Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Hot Date...

...with my hubs.
My sister told me a week or so ago that she wanted to watch Flower. This weekend would be perfect because her husband and son would be out of town so it would be just the girls. I happily obliged and started planning a surprise date night for KG and I. Since we were dropping Flower off at my sister's house in Meridian, the date took place in that area.

First we went to Texas Road House for dinner.
There was an hour wait so we decided to walk over to Payless Shoes because Flower needed some black ones for church as she has outgrown hers. Of course we found some that we liked too! KG surprised me by finding this totally hot pair of shoes for himself that I can hardly wait to see him wear. Yowza! Seriously, I wanted to jump him right there in the isle but he's not much for PDA. :) But he rarely buys things for himself so the fact that he found them was great! I found a pair that I was quite surprised to like. They are heels! Gasp! I have never worn heels! And technically these are wedges but they are like 4 inches! Oh, and they also have a bow! I know?! What the hell has gotten into me? I'll have to see how much I like them after wearing them for more then five minutes! Perhaps I'll wear them to church tomorrow if I decide to go. I am in sort of an avoidance phase right now. Don't really want to see or deal with most people, you know? Anyway, back to the date. Not only did we find Flower a pair of black shoes but also a rad pair of polka dot Vans and the cutest pair of striped tights. I am a sucker for stripes and polka dots!
As KG was paying for our 'must haves' we noticed a beautiful sunset outside!

Now on to dinner. We always love our food at TRH! Yum! Their rolls are to die for!
We both got our usual, KG having steak and I having salmon/ribs. I took home half my meal as usual so now I have lunch for tomorrow.

KG was raising one eye brow at me and I was showing him that I could do it too. He doesn't think I can but just because I don't have nice high arched eye brows like he does, doesn't mean one isn't still raised more then the other! :)
LOL! Ah we have fun together! And it was awesome to get through an entire conversation with no interruption! I struggle to stay focused as it is so having a child around has really made it hard to finish anything, especially conversations! KG also made my night by telling me that he has seven days off starting next Thursday! Yay!
From there we went to a new store in Nampa called Steven Barry. KG found out about it through a guy from work who has come in with great shorts this week. I have known about these stores for quite sometime. I had no idea we were getting one around here! They are awesome! They don't sell anything more then $20! Sarah Jessica Parker sells her line exclusively there. Well the really great part is that they just opened so for a limited time everything in the store is only $8.98! I had so much fun spoiling KG! I love buying things for him. He got three pairs of shorts, 3 smoking hot shirts and a pair of pants. I went light and just bought a black pair of exercise pants and the coolest t-shirt I've seen in a long time! Here are our finds!

So much for our goal of buying less 'stuff' in 2008! We'll start next week. ;)
We were soon on our way back to my sister's to pick up Flower. She had a fun evening as well. They went to my sister's in-laws for a party. Then they went out to eat and played their hearts out. On our way home we stopped by our friend Sara's house. They are moving so we wanted to see the new place. I absolutely love it! It really made me want a house again! It's super cute with TONS of storage space and just the perfect size! I'm so happy for all the things that are coming together for them!
Flower reminded us on our way home, as we were telling her it was time for bed, "but we have to read our criptures (scriptures)". The way she said it was sooo cute and sweet and makes me happy that she looks forward to that each night...even if it is a stall tactic! ;)
Thank you honey for the great date! I enjoy my time with you!
Smooch smooch! :)

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out