Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Madness!

Today was awesome. I woke up early and Flower woke up late which meant that I got an hour and half on the treadmill plus palates/stretching and work totally uninterrupted! :) She woke up about 11:30 am! She had more then 12 hours of sleep so she was happy as a clam. I made some homemade mac'n'cheese out of the puree cookbook. It was pretty good. She loved it. It used pureed butternut squash plus whole wheat pasta. KG woke up just in time to eat with us. He didn't work last night so he went to bed earlier which meant that we got lots of time with him today! I worked for another hour but things were slow so Flower and I talked KG into hiking up to Table Rock with us. He likes the cold even less then I do so this was big! We were very grateful! We hiked for three hours and had a great time being together.


We even saw a deer! He's really hard to see but look in the center of the photo below.
When we got home Flower went down for a 2 hour nap. I worked until 5:30 and then warmed up in a hot bubble bath and read my book. I finally got out at 6:30 pm so I could shower and get ready for dinner.
What better way to spend Family Home Evening then with the Missionaries AND the Sturgill's?! We signed up to feed the missionaries a couple of Sunday's ago and since we
took the last slot Kris and I decided they would join us! :) Since we don't have a table and didn't want to make them sit on the floor, we met all of them at Oriental Express for some fabulous Chinese food! We had a nice time getting to know the Elders and I look forward to doing it again! Now we are just watching Flower spaz out and burn some energy before we read scriptures and say prayers and send her off to bed!

Perhaps I'll sneak in some more reading tonight!

1 comment:

La belle mère said...

I'm so glad to know that the Deceptively Delicious stuff tastes okay! I'm not a huge veggie person either but Robert downright REFUSES. Maybe I can fool him...hey, it's worth a try!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out