Friday, January 18, 2008

Important Days in Common

There are three dates involving our favorite girl Flower that we will never forget! I find it interesting that those three days are also shared with Birthdays of three of the most influential people in my life! Without those three people I wouldn't have met KG or gotten through the dating process, the lets take a break process and the marriage process. Without KG I certainly wouldn't have met our amazing girl...Flower!

On January 12 of last year we learned that we could finally travel to China to meet our girl! Boy were we sent in a whirl wind of emotion as we tried to get everything together to leave as soon as possible! I haven't forgotten how exciting that week was for us and how grateful I was to be doing it all with my best friend and eternal mate...KG. :) That is also my best-friend-since-first-grade Kristen's Birthday. Wow, the memories with that girl are overwhelming! How lucky am I?! Happy Birthday Kristen!

On January 23 of last year we were meeting our girl for the very first time! What an incredible time that was. We were so nervous and knew our life would be changing forever! Holding KG's hand as we walked in the doors and saw miss Flower. Staring into his eyes with excitement for the rest of the day as we experienced this all together! Wow. That is also one of my best friend Marco's Birthday. He is the one that nicknamed me Flower which in turn contributed to us naming our girl Flower. Gosh the times spent with him and his family before KG, he never gave up on me and helped me though so much which prepared me for meeting KG. And now as our little family spends time with him when we go to Utah or his family in Middleton. Happy Birthday Marco!

On February 4th of last year we brought our girl home...to our home. When we stepped off that plane and saw all of our friends and family, I just hugged my sister. I was flooded with emotion of exhaustion, excitement and pure love of those that supported us the whole way through! That is also my amazing friend Sheri Thueson's Birthday. As my parents can attest, I'm not sure I would have made it through my teen years without her! What an awesome lady she was too me then and still is. It doesn't matter how much time goes by, she will always be there for the biggest things in my life! Happy Birthday Sheri! I love you!

I love all three of these people more then they will ever know! As we were having life changing events, their special days were forgotten by us. But their special days brought a happiness to our lives that will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out