Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Torta!

Yesterday was my niece Victoria's 10th birthday. Flower gave her the affectionate nickname of Torta when she got here from China. It's stuck for us! We had the pleasure of her spending the night last night! She and I both love watching the Ellen Degenerous show. I have been saving them up on the Tivo so we could watch them together. We always watch the beginning and then fast forward past the guest to watch the games that she plays, or the internet videos, things like that. She is such a fun kid, so laid back and easy going and has the best sense of humor! Today we had waffles for breakfast and she read to Flower.

Flower climbed all over her!

She and Flower ran off some energy in the halls. They also took my exercise ball out there.

We got Flower down for her nap and then I took Torta to lunch at Olive Garden. We met my friend Sara there as well. It was her birthday in December and then we were celebrating lots of opportunities that have come her way in the last few days! I have to say, it's so nice to see good things happen to good people who've waited LONG ENOUGH! Congratulations Sara! Here's hoping EVERYTHING works out!
When we got home I got out some of my crafty stuff. I had a wooden letter 'V' so I showed Victoria how she could decorate it for her room. She saw that I had an 'L' and asked if she could do one for her sister Lauren instead. That is just one of the things I really love about her. She always thinks of other people first! She actually said, "if I can only do one I will do one for Lauren since she planned a surprise party for me. It will be my way of saying thank you." Of course I'd let her make two after saying that! They share a room and she thought that would be neat for them each to have one. They turned out so cute!
Flower sure loved having someone us besides her boring parents to play with!
Thanks for spending your birthday with us Torta! :)

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out