Sunday, January 20, 2008

Peaceful Sunday

So if you read my last post...I did go to church and I did not wear the new shoes. :) When we woke up this morning and looked outside, it was beautifully white with new fallen snow! I was not about to wear those new shoes out in the snow and break my already bad ankle. Flower however was all dressed in new!
She looked so cute in a dress that I got her for Christmas, purchased from one of my favorite Hippie shops. The new tights that we bought her last night went perfectly with it and her new shoes topped it off. She was having fun all day showing off her dress by spinning and bowing.

I'm really happy that I went to church for a couple of reasons. Sacrament meeting was amazing. I was able to overcome some personal challenges and it felt really good to have a great friend there to give me a congratulatory 'five'. The amazing part though was a couple in our ward spoke about their experiences when he was sent to Iraq. Their son was the youth speaker, he's only 10, and his talk was so sweet! Both talks by the couple were good but the sister's talk was amazing and even got me emotional! Crazy! There must be something in the air I tell ya! She spoke about how she got through life without her husband for 18 months with a newborn and two other children. In the midst of him being away, her dad died. She moved into our ward a year after we did so I was there for all of this. I new she was struggling and would drop off dinner, notes or flowers but I know I could have done more! You truly don't know how difficult it is however until you here it spoken in a talk such as this, with so much honesty and just filled with the spirit. I loved hearing her speak about it.
After that, when I should have been in class, I was in the hallway talking to my friend Amanda. We were talking all about massage because she was pampered with a day at the spa on New Years Eve. She was showing me what the lady did to her hands and ended up massaging both my hands for about ten minutes. I was in heaven! :) There's just something about the human touch that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside! Did that sound weird? Nice! What I meant was that it warmed my heart that she would take the time to do something that she knew would make me feel good and we had a good conversation to boot! :)
After church Flower and I stayed in the parking lot throwing snowballs at each other for over and hour! It was really fun. It was her first time playing in the snow and she loved it! Both our dresses, hands, feet and hair were wet by the time she was ready to go. I wish I'd had my camera!
When we got home I made us some hot cocoa and we cuddled in a warm blanket. She was soon fast asleep. I went into the bedroom to find KG awake so I went and grabbed my current book, Two Little Girls in Blue and read next to him while he watched tv. When Flower woke up KG made us a yummy dinner. We then watched a favorite tv show of ours, Psych, and had caramel corn. I also made enough for the gaybors so we took a short brake and took it upstairs, bringing back our case of movies and folding chairs. :) The caramel corn is my mom's recipe. We grew up having either that or buttered popcorn every Sunday so I was filled with warm memories with my family and our Sunday shows that always came on at 6 pm. One of the ones we watched was called Our House. Does anyone remember that show? Gosh, I loved it! I also loved Murder She Wrote. I remember watching the Muppet Show, Silver Spoons, Alf, Family Ties, Hunter. That was really a fun time. That's probably why I still make either popcorn (only air popped with real butter-no microwave crap here!) every Sunday with the occasional caramel corn which KG much prefers!
Tonight as were saying our prayers Flower's made me laugh out loud. As hard as I try, most people know I CANNOT contain laughter when something is funny. This happens often in her prayers. I don't want it to deter her so I need to be careful but they are just so darn cute. Here is her prayer in it's entirety, "thankful Father,(which she has started saying lately instead of Heavenly Father)thankful my sandwich and thankful my cheese. name of Jesus Christ. Amen." She had a cheeseburger for dinner. :) And now I am off to read some more of my book!
It was such a peaceful Sunday...just how I like it! :)

1 comment:

Shannah said...

Such a cutie! And what a good find on both of your shoes :o)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out