Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lunch with dad and A puree date...

...to start out a great weekend.
My dad called and invited us to lunch on Friday! Flower and I met him outside at 11:30 am. We walked over to Andy's Deli. I enjoyed a BLTA on a croissant, Flower slurped up homemade chicken noodle soup and my dad loved his BBQ beef sandwich. We had a nice chat. I love my dad and really hate to see my parents struggle in any way. I just wish he could retire! I am not going to handle them getting old very well! Thanks for lunch dad!
KG was awake earlier then normal that afternoon which I loved because it made the time until he had to go to work last forever! :) We spent the evening pureeing so that I could make recipes in a new cookbook he gave me for Christmas, Deceptively Delicious. It was so fun to be in the kitchen together working side by side, or should I say bum to bum. I am excited about trying all the recipes. I am one who struggles to eat all my veggies. It's a bit embarrassing to admit that my 2 year old eats better then I do in that arena. That night I made the mozzarella sticks(with cauliflower puree) and the whole wheat pita pizzas(with spinach puree). They were both good.
Later that night my niece Victoria was dropped off for a birthday sleep over. You can read all about those details on my last post. I'll just say we had a great time. She helped me finished up the with the cookbook for the night by making Chocolate cupcakes(with avocado puree) topped with cream cheese frosting(with cauliflower puree). They were both good but I was much more excited about the cupcakes before they were baked. The batter was so stinking good! My ten year old niece loved them though so that says something!
Saturday morning when KG got home from work he joined all of us in bed. I'm not sure why but I was so tired! We went to bed by midnight and didn't wake till 10:30 am. I forced myself to get up at that point. We enjoyed our day just hanging out, taking a break for lunch with Sara at Olive Garden and making some fun crafts.
That night we took Torta home and then headed off to the Goodsell's. Eric and Rhonda came over too. We are loving a particular pizza at Nic and Willy's right now so that was a must have for the evening. We played games and did the normal hanging out. I also went with Rhonda and John to Baskin Robbins to get the gang some ice cream. Going any where with John is an adventure and he had me laughing the entire time! :) I remained exhausted the entire night but pushed myself to stay in the name of fun and we didn't leave until 2:30 am.
Here are photos of some of the highlights.
Lisa had made a cookie bouquet for a birthday party and had just enough left over for each of the kids to have one. They all piled on the sofa enjoying their enormous cookies on a stick while they watched Polar Express.

For the next photo, if you don't want to see KG's cute hiney, stop reading now!
KG was bending over the arm of the sofa getting another game off the floor. John came up and slapped him so hard! Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard a slap that loud. I would have cried. That's what I love about KG. He takes things like that so well! He just laughed and told me to take a photo of John's hand print so he could see it! There's John's hand print on his left cheek!
The following sequence is an all too familiar seen that makes me sure we are all just a bit too comfortable with each other! I'm sure you all know why my face is covered...and there's John laughing it up that he grosses us out so much! I think Eric's response sums it up nicely!

Sunday was just how I wanted it to be! I didn't have to interact with anyone but KG and Flower! :) We didn't wake up until 11:15 am and that's only because that's when Flower woke up and joined us in our bed. I got up and made us waffles. I then took a two hour bubble bath and read my current book, While My Pretty One Sleeps. After that we let Flower watch Cinderella which is her favorite movie right now! I enjoyed some alone time and I gave KG a back massage. Flower soon joined us and she and I fell asleep for an afternoon nap. KG came in and woke us up in time to go to my brother's house. I decided not to go and kept sleeping and he took Flower. It was the family celebration of Torta's birthday as well as my SIL Alyse. Happy Birthday girls! After this I'm going to read and sleep some more. I love days like this!

1 comment:

sara :) said...

How did you end up with a husband who doesn't have a furry bum???

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out