Friday, May 23, 2008

Field Trip Chaperone

I got to be a chaperone for my nieces field trip! We went to the zoo. It started out really crazy. I was supposed to be at the zoo between 9:45 and 10:00. I got there about 5 minutes to 10. Most of the parking lot was totally torn up and blocked off. There was also about 15 other schools there! I got trapped behind cars that were behind two buses that were unloading students at the front of the zoo. I couldn't go anywhere because cars had quickly moved in behind me. We sat without moving for 10 minutes. By the time I found a spot to park and walked all the way back it was now 10:15 and I had no idea where to begin looking for her class. I found a zoo employee that was able to radio in and found out that McMillan had already gone in. Then I wandered around the zoo and asked every group I passed if they were from McMillan and if they knew where the teacher was that I was looking for. After another ten minutes I found Kas' teacher and she was no help. She said, "It's not that big, just walk around and look for her." Are you kidding me? It might be a small zoo but there were about a million kids there and if you just happened to start going in the same direction she was already going then we'd never find her. I just felt so bad thinking about Kas being disappointment. Her parents couldn't go because of work and she was really sad about that so she invited me. I kept fighting back tears as I become more frustrated! I just kept trying to stay positive and just enjoy it with Flower and look at everything as we passed.



After seeing half the zoo I decided to just stand in the middle of an area that intersects with most sections. Finally at 11:00 she came around the corner! She ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug and said, "I didn't think you were going to show up!" I am so glad I found her. Sure enough she had seen half of what we had already looked at and I was likely just steps behind them. She came with us and we went back to some of the spots Flower and I had already looked at. We had a good time and Flower was so happy to walk around the zoo holding Kas' hand. We saw some fun animals but man is our zoo weak! It will be really nice once they get the new African section done because right now it's hardly worth the money to go. Thankfully I didn't have to pay to get in. Of course the company and reason for being there made it worth it!














At noon we all met at the front gates. We then went to the grass section across from the zoo and ate lunch.

I bought those big yummy lollipops for the girls at the gift shop. We had a good time and I'm grateful for Kas and that she thought to invite me.
I can hardly wait to do these fields trips with Flower.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out