Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slice and Dice.

This photo is what I woke up to Sunday morning.The sight of them sleeping makes me smile.
Monday was BUSY! First thing in the morning we took the car to the repair shop to get the diagnoses as to what it would need to make it pass emissions. From there we went to KG's grandparents to pick up a medical ice box for KG to use after his surgery. Then we went to Walmart in search of the surprise anniversary gift I was giving KG. Took down some numbers and then went to get pizzas for the night. Then we went to Best Buy for the same anniversary reason. There is a reason I decided not to wait until our anniversary and that will be revealed on the actual anniversary. We made a purchase and were soon on our way so I would make it to work by 1:00 pm. KG worked on part of the gift and I went to leave for work, I couldn't find my office keys. Hmmm. They're normally on the key rack or in my bag. I soon realized they were in the car, in Meridian, at the repair shop. Nice. Nobody was around to let me in so I waited for Barb to return and she graciously let me borrow her key for the night. It's my long day and it was a good thing because I worked till 6:00 and still didn't get everything done. :( I actually didn't leave till 6:30 because of a move-in. We rushed to meet Ryan, Amanda and Lorelai. They were coming over for FHE. We worked on a top secret project to be revealed after Mother's Day. :) First we met at a craft store, loaded up on supplies and then went to the clubhouse to create and eat pizza. It was fun but exhausting as it took longer then we anticipated and we screwed up the first one...completely my fault! Ah, trial and error. That's what it's all about right? We crashed hard once we got home but Miss Thing soon joined us as she had wet the bed. KG got up to take care of that so I wasn't even aware. However she wouldn't go back to sleep therefore it woke me up at 3:30 am and I brought her to the living room so KG could as least sleep. She and I were up till 6:00 so we are tired today! At noon I took KG to the hospital to be sliced and diced. He had his knee surgery. That's before the surgery.
Flower waited patiently in the waiting room, while she practiced writing her name.
It was just much too long of a wait for Flower to stick around there. After a half hour we came home and I put together the rest of the gift and Flower and I watched Peter Pan until we got the call to return to KG. John even called me half way through the procedure to see how I was doing and get the status. I thought that was very sweet. Especially for a guy. Who was at work. Busy. So sweet. Flower was helping me to a few things and went to shut the laundry closet and it pinched her hand. She was so sad and couldn't stop crying so I finally suggested I take photos to show daddy and that did the trick.
She had to show me where the she pinched it in the closet.
KG's has never had surgery since we've been together. They told us he'd get out of surgery at 3:00 and then be ready to go home at 4:00. They said they would call when he was out of surgery to update me. Well right at 3:53 when I hadn't heard from all the 'what if's' started. What if he were to have a reaction to the anesthetic and not wake up. What would I do? I am not normally like that and did not like thinking about that at all! When 4:30 rolled around and I still hadn't heard I started texting a friend to think about other stuff. They finally called at 5:00. Phew! He's not dead. I really knew he was fine but it really makes you wonder how you'd react. We quickly left to go get him.Poor guy was so out of it and so tired. It went really well. It was in better shape then they thought. He didn't have a torn meniscus after all. There was lots of inflamed tissue that was being severely pinched which is very painful. That was all shaved away. Hopefully he'll have a quick recovery.
All he kept saying was how hungry he was so I let him pick what he wanted. Of course his comfort food of choice was Oriental Express. Before that we had to go pick up his prescriptions. That was a nightmare. it took us 20 minutes as other cars were coming and going. It would have been quick but when I heard the amount due was $86 I was a little shocked and inquired. Oops, they had given me the total before taking in to consideration the insurance adjustment. No problem, easy fix right? Wrong! Apparently it's a HUGE deal because three people got involved. Finally they gave them to me and I paid my $30 and was happy to finally be picking up dinner to get my snoring man home. I was so pissed when I got home to discover that they FORGOT to put one of the medications in the bag! What?! Stupid people.
Anyway, on to happier things. At Oriental Express, Chow is sweetest little thing! When I went in to grab the food she asked where KG and Flower were and I said they were waiting for me in the bus because KG had surgery and was asleep. I was just there to pick up his comfort food. She gave me this cute homemade gift as a get well present for him!So thoughtful.
As we were eating dinner Flower insisted on holding KG's hand. She is so aware of other's pain! It was such a tender moment. She is also laying in bed with him right now and doesn't want to leave his side! :o)
I have the honors of waking him every 4 hours for the next 24 hours to give him his medications. Fun. I'm just glad he's alive. ;)

3 comments:

Audie said...

I hope KG is doing good. It's never fun to have surgery. If there's something we can do, let us know! Jovie's doing much better so you and Flower could come over some time!

Audie said...

yeah...that sounds like that will work. she'll have a blast. maybe oakley and i will tag along depending on the weather.

La belle mère said...

Glad the surgery went well! And it's so sweet how much Flower loves her Daddy. :)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out