Monday, May 12, 2008

"You have a bulging mass"

I finally went to the Doctor today. I saw the same doc that did KG's surgery. I went in to have my ankle examined. I broke it 11 years ago and it was casted. Then two years after that I re-injured it and they casted it again. Since a couple of years after that it just seems to hurt every time I go hiking/walking up a hill, or down the stairs! The last couple of months it's gotten so bad! Constant pain and throbbing. My mom pointed out that I am climbing three flights of stairs now at least once a day. The pain is on the outside and lately I think I'm compensating for the pain and walking funky and now the outside of my foot is hurting too. At Flower's birthday party I was standing next to my dad and kind of shifted my weight and got a piercing pain that sort of made it give out on me and I yelped and grabbed his arm. It's bad enough now that I finally decided to go in. I spent TWO hours in that dumb place today! Are you kidding me?! I'm pretty laid back and recognize that raising hell isn't going to get me seen any faster, just make them think I'm a jerk. I thought it was funny when two guys started throwing a huge fit and I just kind of sat their laughing. I had been there a half hour longer then one guy and 45 minutes longer then the other! When the lady behind the desk told them that I was ahead of them they asked how long I'd been there and then cheered when I finally went back. Of course I was annoyed with how long it was taking but I just texted my annoyance to KG and kept quiet.
Anyway, they took x-rays and those turned out fine. Then the doc started fiddling with my ankle to find out where it hurts. She had an intern with her and all of a sudden looks up at him with a concerned face and says, "Wow you have a bulging mass". Well yes I know of a couple. Oh she meant the one in my ankle! She rolls it around in her hand for a moment causing more pain and then has the intern feel it and he says "wow". Thanks for making me feel like a freak, now just tell me what's wrong. They are concerned so now I have to go back on Friday for an MRI. She said it could be several things but the only one she listed was a cyst. They also think there is ligament damage running from my ankle to my little tow. She also said that if it's any of the things she is thinking then I'll have to have surgery. So basically the only way I'm not having surgery is if they discover I have a freak ankle and the bulge is supposed to be there. :) They said I will find out in the next two or three weeks. Gosh thanks for being so speedy. It's not like I'm in pain or anything! :)
Happy Monday.

3 comments:

La belle mère said...

Blech!! Not fun. Well, trying to see the silver lining, at least they discovered the "bulging mass" and didn't just send you home after the x-rays didn't show any breaks. Hopefully they'll figure it out sooner than later!

ang :o) said...

Actually Lisa I think that's what happened last time I went in. KG remembers me going in after we were married about 5 years ago. I remember they x-rayed it and said nothing was wrong and sent me on my way. I figure the lump was just fat. I do have the Madison legs. :) It has gotten much bigger so I'm glad this doctor decided to actually feel it and investigate further.

sara :) said...

Ick! I hope it gets resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out