Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day.

KG has a three day weekend so that makes it good no matter what we do! We kicked off the weekend with a BBQ at the clubhouse on Saturday. We enjoyed the company of my parents, KG's parents, my sister and her family, her friend Jenn and her two kids, the Goodsell bunch, and Lisa's sister and her four kids. (We also invited Sara but she was too good for us. The nerve of picking your mom's birthday over us!) Everyone brought excellent food! We ate and chatted and laughed. Some of the kids and John went swimming. Those of us that are sane did not swim because it was freezing! My parents left to go see a movie and we sent the kids to the school to play so we could enjoy a game in peace. We all played Mad Gab, boys against girls, which is the funniest game! KG's dad even played! He doesn't like to play games so when he honors us with his presence and plays, we love it! The boys won. KG's parents then left and the kids came back and wanted to watch a movie so we went outside to play Quelf. That was funny as usual! By then it was 9:30 so everyone helped clean up and everyone left except the Goodsell's. We chatted with them until 11:30. KG also got some fun photos of himself and the kids.







We spent Sunday night with my parents, the details of which are in my last post.
This morning KG went and played frisbee golf at the ass crack of dawn with John and a bunch of other boys. I woke up with a nasty headache so I just tried really hard to be patient with Flower. I wasn't so successful at times. We played a hand of Uno. I then went to help a friend, Kris' daughter Jenna, organize all the crap she's leaving behind at Kris' house as she moves. She can't take it to her new place but will need it when school starts at yet another place. The headache subsided shortly after arriving, perhaps it's because Jerry fed me. :) I had fun and was happy to help.
While I was gone KG and Flower cleaned and detailed the car and getting it ready to sell.
Tonight we were treated to dinner by KG's parents at Tepanyaki! Yummy! That is definitely one of our favorite restaurants, the other three being Texas Road House, Gino's and Oriental Express depending on whether we want Japanese, stake/salmon, Italian or Chinese, respectively. Anyway we had a great time with them. I took some awesome photos but they have magically disappeared from my camera! I came home and plugged it in as usual, and no photos! ??? Bummer.
We love our friends and family so much and are grateful for all the time we had to spend with them this weekend!
Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

The Harwood Family said...

Where is the Tepanyaki place you went to? We miss the one we always used to frequent in Utah!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out