Friday, May 16, 2008

MRI's SUCK!

As I lied there on the table with my arms to my side, eyes closed, sweet little smile on my face looking peaceful and serene, here is what I was really thinking.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
With today's technology you'd think they would be able to make a machine that is more time efficient and less obnoxious! I will be having nightmares of those noises for weeks to come! COME ON! Oh and let's take an ankle that already hurts and force it into a position that makes it hurt more and then make me hold it for 20 MINUTES! Seriously? And wait, that's not nearly enough torture. Now let's put it in another pose for 30 MINUTES! Every time the noises stopped I would repeated in my head, "please be done, please be done, please be done" only to have it start again.
AND HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF HEAT! That place was so damn cold my bazoombaz could cut glass! During the 30 minute session I was so cold that my body was shivering. That meant that my ankle was moving. When he beeped into my head phones, which did absolutely no good shielding my ears from the heinous noises, and told me I moved too much in that 10 minute streak and that he had to repeat it, it took everything in me not to scream obscenities at him. So that was a 40 minute session instead of the 30 minutes it was supposed to be. Besides being freezing cold, my foot had fallen asleep so I couldn't tell it was even moving. That didn't eliminate the pain in the ankle though. That would have been asking too much!
When it was finally over and the jack ass, I mean guy running the machine came in he said, "Wow, you look really relaxed. I'm glad you didn't have too much pain." First of all, why don't you ASK me how much pain I was in before ASSuming that I didn't have any. I could barely walk when I got up. He handed me my locker key and I wanted to gouge his eyes out with it. But no. I kept that smile plastered on my face. I can't believe I just spent $1200 to hang out in a torture chamber. The least they could do is offer music or something. I finally hobbled out to the bus and once inside of it's comforting walls I let a few tears fall.

1 comment:

Kristin Leoncavallo said...

I just had an mri yesterday had no idea how awful they were! I will be having nightmares for WEEKS! Your blog on it made me laugh, thanks.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out