Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy 8th Anniversary to Us!

May 13th, 2000. That's the day we got hitched.
We have spent the last 24 hours in total bliss together. We dropped Flower off at my brother's house yesterday at 4:30 to spend the night. It's was her first time there and from what I understand, she had a good time. Lauren was having fun doing her hair and she slept in Lauren and Torta's room.
So on to our night. We went to Mona Lisa fondue restaurant in Nampa.Mona Lisa trumps Melting Pot any day. We used to have one in downtown Boise but they decided to just stick with their original one in Nampa. We were bummed. This is the first time we made our way out to Nampa and it was fabulous! It's so much better than the one in downtown anyway! The ambiance was lovely and the whole place was just charming! They have what they call a 'Lover's Lane' for special occasions that is on a balcony with complete privacy.There is a sofa, a faux fireplace, with twinkle lights to help create the mood.

We got the Fondue for Two. I enjoyed a Caesar salad but with their homemade raspberry vinegarette that was so yummy! KG got the Garden Salad. After the salads came KG's very favorite course, the Cheese! I think he's be fine if that's all the meal consisted of. I'm a cheese lovin' girl but when it comes to these places, I'm just not loving it. It always had the alcohol after taste or something. I, on the other hand, have a fabulous cheese fondue recipe of my own and I just can't get enough of!
Then we ate our meat course. My favorite was the Teriyaki Fillet Mignon. Oh my gosh. It just melted in my mouth!We loved the Rosemary Garlic Potatoes too!Then there's the dessert! Oh.My.Gosh. I love it! Nothing beats dipping already yummy things into chocolate/caramel making them that much yummier! We were delighted when our waiter told us that with Lover's Lane, comes the chance to write each other a note, stick it in a bottle and come back in two years to read it. So fun. We both wrote our notes as we ate our dessert. I can hardly wait for two years to come around so that I can share what I wrote with KG and read what he wrote for me! So romantic.

We enjoyed every minute of it and had a really great time. We talked about things of the last year like our favorite moments with each other, our favorite memory, our favorite trip and some of our favorite times with Flower as well.
Our waiter was awesome too.
It never looks like you're eating very much when it's fondue but we left so stuffed!
We made a stop at the Pleasure Boutique. KG bought me something fun for our anniversary that he didn't show me until we got home. Then on to Albertson's to get some heavy cream for our breakfast. When we got home we watched P.S. I love You. I really like it! It was the perfect anniversary love story.
Today we slept in, me till 10:00 and KG till 11:00. I woke up a couple times wondering when Flower was going to come prancing in to wake us up. I actually forgot she was at my brothers until I peaked in on her when I woke up to find her not there. When KG woke up we cleaned the kitchen together and then made strawberries and cream crepes together. They were scrumptious!


While we ate we watched Why Did I Get Married? It's a good thing it had a happy ending because I spent the first half of the movie pissed off and wanting to beat the snot out of one of the men. It sure made me know why I got married and makes me truly appreciate KG. I am so thankful I met the person that is the most perfect fit for me. He is my best friend and the only one I can truly count on to have my back and never judge me. I love him more and more everyday.
Remember the surprise shopping trip I took KG on last week? I bought him a flat screen tv. I bought it early knowing he'd being lying on his backside a lot this past week and thought he'd likely enjoy watching movies on it. We also got a surround sound system. Our tv was having color issues. The left side of the screen was green, the faces fusia. Not pretty. We really enjoyed it. I thought since we'd both be using it, it's basically a joint gift. Well that wasn't enough for KG, along with the Pleasure Boutique gift he also booked me a massage which I'll be taking advantage of tomorrow morning. :)
I had today off so I left at 3:30 to go get Flower while KG made dinner. We had crepes left so he made our favorite savory filling. It's a chicken mushroom number that is wonderful! She had a great time with the kids and we're so thankful for their willing to have her over so we could have time to ourselves! I took her on several errands to run including Target, the auto shop where our car is so I could get the keys I left in it and a prescription, Blockbuster, Redbox, Chevron and finally home. After I got Flower out of the car I discovered I'd left the gas cap at Chevron. Ugggh! I got back in the car and was thrilled when I FINALLY got home after 2 1/2 hours and was able to enjoy dinner as a family. Now we are watching The Great Debaters. Flower is in our room watching a movie she was able to pick out at Blockbuster for getting lots of stars on her potty chart. She chose Cinderella 3. She has been potty trained since last August but has struggled the last few weeks with not making it in time so we've resorted to some positive reinforcement this week. At 20 starts she gets to rent any movie of her choice. She was so excited! She told the guy at the counter, "I don't go peepee in my panties! I pick a movie!" She was squealing with delight. It was so cute.
I love my family.

2 comments:

sara :) said...

What, no pictures of the Pleasure Boutique gift?

Happy Anniversary!

La belle mère said...

Holy Perfect Anniversary, Batman!! Glad you had such a good time. :-)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out