Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday fun and KG's new toy!

I finally unpacked my sewing machine today! Yes, I know, it took forever. But it was now necessary because I sold some custom orders in my shop that I forgot were still listed and therefore I have to get them made and sent off.
It was well worth. I love it! While KG and Flower were napping I was trying out all the settings and just playing around.
I can now monogram things if I so choose.And just for more practice I made a new pillow for our sofa. Check out how closely that turquoise matches our walls! So cool. It adds fun color to our neutral sofa.
At 6:00 we went to my parents for dinner. The reason for the invite was so that KG could fix their computer. He was successful. We had breakfast for dinner which is always a favorite! It was de-lish!
After that we went for a ride in our new ride. :)
When we got back we played Uno. It was such a fun game to help Flower learn numbers and colors. She was on a team with Grandma and they won the first hand.
After five hands Flower was done and went outside to run around in the backyard with Suzee. She also pushed a gorilla in the swing. :)

At one point she was trying to get the gorilla up the ladder to take it down the slide. It was so cute to watch. We all stopped playing and just watched out the window as she tried to figure this out. First she got behind the ladder to look up at the platform to see if she could set it up there and then climb. Too high to reach. Then she started to climb with one arm around the gorilla's waste but was afraid to fall so she set the gorilla on the ground and started climbing but then realized she wouldn't be able to reach it from the top and climbed back down to pick it up again, only this time by the arm. She started to climb again. Once she got towards the top things got tricky as she needed both hands more free to navigate the last step. She tucked it under her chin but it almost fell so then she stuck the hand in her mouth. That worked! It was so cute to watch her be so determined and then finally succeed. She went down the slide with the gorilla and had the biggest smile on her face! So did we. :)
While she was outside we played Redneck Life.It was so fun playing with them because they'd never played before so it made it that much funnier. We laughed the whole game! Mom totally kicked butt!
Flower eventually came in and watched Cinderella with this giant bear. She cuddled right up to it!
Thanks for such a fun night ma and pa!
So did you catch what I said a few paragraphs up? "We went for a ride in our new ride"
Yep we bought a new car.



We're excited and KG's logic sold me. We are going to sell our truck, which is only used in the summer when he's running a paintball event. When we all drove that we were crammed in the front or I drove the car and met him there and that is a big waste of gas! Now we will get a trailer for the paintball equipment and tow it with this.
We are also going to sell our car. The thing is falling apart. We've had it for 7 years and it's 11 years old. It's got almost 200,000 miles on it. We just spent $2000 putting in a new radiator and fixing the idle and I think something else. It needs more work plus it needs body work. It needs about $5000 worth of work and it's not even worth that! What's the point? The new car also gets better gas mileage then the old car and truck. Soooo, we'll now have two cars instead of three, thereby saving on insurance. We'll save on gas and all be able to ride together for paintball events. We're a little nervous because of other events that are coming up but we feel like it's a smart move. And hey, we're just ready for something new! It drives so nice and it's super comfy! Oh and it's got a kick ass stereo system which is really all I care about. :0)

2 comments:

Gorge Us Family said...

Congratulations on your new wheels. Fun!

NT Weekes Family said...

NiCe Ride!!! :o) FuN!
I can't wait to get a New Ride... hopefully this year!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out