Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bottle difficulties.

Clearly I have never done this baby thing before! I also never said I was smart and never claim to learn my lesson on the first go round of mistakes.
The other night when I was at Kris' house River was being really fussy and acting hungry, even though I made sure to feed her at 7:00 before we left thinking she'd be good until we got home around 9:30. I was wrong and I forgot a bottle. Kris saved the day and found one her pantry. I did remember the formula so we were good to go. I made the bottle and Kris proceeded to feed her. After a few minutes Riv pushes the bottle out with her tongue and proceeds to get worked up all over again. She finally takes the bottle again and sucks away. We talk for probably 15 minutes and River eats but seems restless and eventually falls asleep. Kris then pulls the bottle out of her mouth and just as I'm noticing the level of milk didn't seem to go down, Kris notices there isn't any milk in the nipple. She calls me an idiot, unscrews the lid and pulls the disc out that goes between the nipple and the bottle to prevent spills and throws it at me. No wonder River wasn't happy. :) We had a good laugh at my expense.

Well, you guessed it. I did it again today. I pulled a new bottle out of the cupboard and proceeded to 'feed' her. I was getting so frustrated that she wouldn't calm down and continued to be fussy and I just.wanted.her.to.STOP.crying. And then it hits me...new bottle...disc in nipple...yep there it was! Nice. The boob would be so much easier! Less parts to deal with.

Something tells me I'll still probably make that same mistake again. Oh well.

Hope your weekend is swell! :)

3 comments:

Heather BT said...

Yeah - those disks sure get in the way. I threw all but one of mine out. If I needed one to take a bottle on the road - I just used that particular one over & Over (washed of course!)
Heather BT

Lynnette said...

We never used them either, just got rid of them all.

Heather BT said...

Off topic, there's a link on my blog that I think you'd love - called 'whip up', it's all sorts of cool craft things that you might actually do, where I just look and admire.
You have the talent to do these things.
Heather BT

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out