Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve.

Here's the last photo of the girls for 2008. I love it. They were patiently waiting for me to make caramel corn. :)
You know what? My girls look like hoodlums. River is in a summery short outfit. Flower is still in pajamas and hair undone. My house is a mess and I don't care. Like clothes and blankets covering the floor, cloth diapers needing cleaned, floors that desperately need to be swept and vacuumed, laundry to do, Christmas stuff to be put away, dishes to be done. You name it, it needs it. But guess what I'm doing instead? Watching Alice in Wonderland with Flower on one side and River cuddled on my lap. And we are sharing a bowl of caramel corn and eating cheese sticks. And I'm loving every minute of it. This is so much better then ignoring them to clean! It's just more important to me.

We have decided to keep it low key tonight. For the past four years we've gone to the Goodsell's huge party. Adults and kids are welcome. Lots and lots are invited. It's pure craziness. Normally I'm ok with it. This year we want quiet. Calm. We are going to Oriental Express for dinner with the Sturgill's. And then who knows? No plans. Fly by the seat of our pants. That's us.

It's time to get back to my movie and my girls. I love saying that...MY GIRLS. Next we're watching Mamma Mia.

Hope you are able to ring in the new year in a way that makes you happy!
Peace.

2 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

That's awesome, Angie. It's sometimes hard to keep the most important things the most important things, and quality time spent with your girls is one of those. It may not seem like it at times, but I think that the ability to ignore chores that need doing so that you can invest in your family without losing your mind is a real talent. Definitely something that I am working on.

Jana said...

Love uneventful New Year's Eves. Kuddos to you for having your priorities straight. They're only little once.

Happy New Year!!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out