Friday, December 26, 2008

Santa came to our house last night!

We were so excited for Christmas morning! Santa came and did not disappoint. KG came home from work at 7:30 am and woke me up. We started a fire in the fireplace and made sure everything was ready and then woke up Flower. Our tradition is to come out and check out what Santa brought. He doesn't wrap the gifts he leaves us. :) Our stockings are included in that.
Flower's findings consisted of a Cinderella dress, two books, Lifesavers book, chapstick, foam soap, a can of olives and a banana.
My Santa loot. One of mine was wrapped because that's how Lee's candies does it. Santa knows the best place to buy chocolates! Two pounds of caramels. Yum! I have received caramels from Lee's almost every Christmas of my life.
KG's Santa loot.
River's Santa loot.
Flower is finally coming in the room.
She's taking it all in.
And then she discovers the coveted Cinderella dress!




She also loved the olives. He knows her pretty well!
After that we always have breakfast.
Santa provided us a yummy breakfast of various meats and cheeses from Hickory Farm, crackers from Nabisco and cranberry juice.
KG had to open this one from me before we ate because it was a new cutting board with tools for the meats and cheeses. They stick to the back with magnets. Pretty fancy. :)
My parents came by at this point, about 8:00 am. We did our gift exchange with them.
They gave River a pair of jammies that say 'my first Christmas'.

Flower loves her spy kit which include the noculars and stelicscope that she's been wanting. I love how she says those words. They also gave her a cool doctors kits. She loves the stesiscope. :)
After they left we made piles of all the presents from under the tree. We each had our own wrapping paper as usual for ease of dispersing, that is unless they were given by friends. Both kids were spoiled by Chris, Kris, and River's birth family. It's heartwarming to see they are so loved!

KG's stack.
River's stack.
My stack.
Flower's stack.
We each took turns opening River's gifts for obvious reasons.
Wow! Thank you to everyone who gifted her such lovely things.
Then the three of us took turns, one at a time, opening each of our gifts.
Here's my things from KG and the girls. I must say that I buy all of KG's and he buys all of mine, alone. We don't buy for ourselves anything, period. So everything I got was a surprise. I love it that way. He does a great job. Notice the cute monkey Flower gave me. She made it at Build-a-bear. It has a Disney Princess shirt. :)
This lovely set of dishes has to be my favorite! It's a vintage set I found on Etsy but when I showed KG he said it was sold out. I went and looked and sure enough. Little did I know it's because he was the buyer! I love them so much!

Here are KG's gifts.
This is the finished mug that Flower painted. It turned out so cute.
Here is Flower's pile. Thanks again everyone! You are too kind!
I love my new air popper! I made popcorn that afternoon and Flower and I sat down and watched her new Mamma Mia after KG and River went to bed.
River enjoyed having toys to play with.We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying our new things and relaxing. We had a great Christmas. Thank you to everyone who contributed to spoiling our children...and us! Some were far to generous and it is much appreciated! We love all our family and friends to no end and we are grateful for each of you in our lives.
Much love.

1 comment:

Audie said...

i love love love your dishes!! i'm glad you guys had a great day!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out