Sunday, December 28, 2008

Curses!

Today we lounged about. We played with Flower's new toys and watched Alice in Wonderland. The girls and I slept in till 10:00! Of course that only made 7 hours of sleep for me but I'm glad they didn't wake up sooner. We skipped out on church. Just wasn't in the mood. I got a call from my sister at 3:45 asking what we were doing. She invited us to my parents so we woke KG up and moseyed on over there. We ate dinner and then played a bunch of new games we'd each received for Christmas. Spencer got Cranium so that was first on the list. Then we played Yahtzee Free for All, Pictureka, Squint, Kooky Kalooki Rummy and finished the night out with Curses. Curses left us wetting our pants. It was hilarious! To give you an idea, you have various curses. At one point in the game anytime someone made an animal sound I had to shout out a lunch meat. Since my mom snorts when she laughs, that happened often. At the start of each of my sister's turns she had to clap and say, "attention class". Well anytime someone clapped my nephew had to bow. Anytime someone touched KG he was electrocuted. He also had to talk like a ventriloquist for most of the game and act like an earthquake anytime my nephew talked. We all had three to four curses in front of us at a time that we had to do simultaneously. Keep in mind that all these things are happening at the same time and usually your curse set off someone else's curse and it was a vicious cycle. Laughter ensued and we could barely get through the game! Super fun. It was a nice end to the weekend.

Kas and Flower had lots of fun together. Part of that fun included giving the rest of us a migraine towards the end of the night. We all started smelling strong fumes of citrus. Upon further investigiation we found the girls in the bathroom. Kas was spraying room spray/deodarizer in Flower's hair like it was hair spray. Tons and tons. Her hair was wet. Nice. The entire house smelled like citrus. We had to open up several doors and windows. Yikes. At least they were having fun.

The reason my sister was at my parents and the one inviting us over? That's a good story. Their furnace went out on Friday. They didn't want to pay weekend rates so they were just using the fireplace all weekend and extra blankets until Monday. This morning my sister woke up and put another log on the fire. Somehow the flu closed and their house quickly filled with smoke! Gregg tried to open the flu and in doing so burned his hand in three places. They took the kids to my parents and went the hospital. They have serious smoke damage so they are staying with my parents tonight. Tomorrow they will 'ozone' it. You cannot enter for 30 hours after that so they'll stay with my parents tomorrow too. If the ozone doesn't work they'll have to file an insurance claim.
Totally sucks! But it's kind of funny too.

Can I just say how much I'm dreading tomorrow. Like bad. If I can just get through the day, the night will be a blast, but I'm not sure I'll make it. It just might turn out to be one of the most hellish days I've ever had. :( Sunday, I'm begging you not to end!

Word up yo.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out