Wednesday, December 3, 2008

River's first week

I wanted to make sure and note some of the things that were given to River and Flower at the hospital. Mandy gave them two cute bears that each have a t-shirt on. River's says: Daughter, I will always love you, and Flower's says: Flower, I'm the big sister.
She also gave River a cute set of Panda bears along with several outfits and the cutest frog blanket ever! It's so soft!
Because of River's size when she was born my dad found a cute little piggy in the gift shop that I just love. She loves to stare at the bright colors.
There's also an ornament from Kathy that is now on the Christmas Tree.





We've had a few visitors too. Some of which I've already written about. But I want to make sure and note them all.

On Sunday the 23, Sandee, Gregg, Spencer and Kas came over to make dinner for us and then stayed to eat and hold the babe. It was very much appreciated.




My sister Amanda, that watched Flower while we were at the hospital, made the cutest bracelets for the girls! They have their name on them and River has been wearing hers since she came home. Thanks Amanda!

KG also ran to the airport that night in search of a package sent by my friend Aimee. She gave us loads of fun baby things plus a few cd's of awesome songs for me! :) The pumpkin hat looks cute on River ay? :) It actually fits Flower perfectly. Thanks Aimee!

On Monday we spent a lot of time together chillin' on our bed and enjoying our new family.
It's been fun to see the way she likes to be comforted by each of us. If she's upset I'll set her on my chest and she likes to be folded almost in half to where her face meets her toes. :)
She seemed very content hanging out on Daddy's back or up against his side.


And she loves Flower feeding her.

On Tuesday the 25th my friend Adrienne in our ward brought us dinner. She made a chicken pot pie that is her mom's recipe. I must have it! It was delicious and so thoughtful of her. We enjoyed it for several days! She and her husband have been chosen by a birthmother and are expecting their little one in January! I can hardly wait and hope things go smoothly for them.
River also had her first doctor appointment that day. All is well so far. She doesn't like to be naked so she cried a lot as she was totally exposed in the cold room on the table but she survived.

Once we got home she was back to her relaxed little self.

I've already documented Wednesday (family photos and my families Thanksgiving) and Thursday's Thanksgiving events.

The reason I'm so far behind is because I've been spending every waking hour since her wedding working on Jenna's wedding photos and finishing up her wedding gift. Hallefreakinlujah I finished it at 5:00 this morning after being up pretty much all night with Riv. It should arrive in the mail in about five days and I can hardly wait to have it in my hot little hands! :) Her wedding post will have to wait until I'm caught up with my other blogging and daily activities. I've put everything on hold to get this done and I'm far behind on laundry and on and on.

Since Riv will be two weeks old tomorrow, I will hopefully have the two week update done by tomorrow night.

2 comments:

La belle mère said...

Such a little cutie. I just can't get enough of those Madison cheeks!!! :-)

Norma said...

So glad things are going well with your little darlings.
Some one is surely looking out for you. Enjoy.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out