Thursday, December 4, 2008

Flower's Sweet prayer.

Flower is such a sweet little girl. She expresses herself very well as language has always been her strong suit. I love hearing her prayers and how much they've changed since she's started saying them on her own about a year ago. She is really becoming aware of the things that she can be thankful for and so her prayers reflect that each day but are fairly repetitive. Twice a week she is thankful for preschool. Mondays she is thankful for Gymnastics. Sundays are church. And so forth. But she doesn't use the words thankful or grateful, we just know that's what she means, and she rarely goes beyond those things that repeat each week....until tonight. She said the sweetest prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father. Er Blessings. (It always starts out that way and the 'er' makes me giggle) That we can have a fun day at preschool. That we can have a fun day at Madeline's. That we can have a fun day at home. Grateful for Kris and Jerry that they bring my carriage. Name Jesus Christ. amen."
I was so touched and proud of her that she remembered to be thankful for Madeline and that she said 'grateful' about the carriage, a full day later! That was a shocker and oh so cute. (I think it also shows how much she was 'needing' a special present just for her as River is getting all the attention these days) I just love that girl. She learns and grows everyday and I'm so glad that I get to watch it as her mom.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out