Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Here's a bit of honesty...or should I just say bitching....

...or maybe it's just a complete spilling of what is stirring in my head right this minute.

Some of it probably makes me a bad person but oh well. I know I'm not the only one that doesn't have positive thoughts 24/7 so I really don't care.
...........................
Last night I went to our R.S. Christmas dinner. I really enjoyed myself and I really needed it. The food was awesome. The company was even better. I left feeling so happy. I took Kris home and we rocked out to the best Cold Play song ever. Perfect ending to a great night.
...........................
While at the gathering I found out some possible news that everyone else is thrilled with but totally bums me out. I do feel a tiny bit bad about it but not really. I feel terrible for their situation but I was happier with their original plan. My life will be easier if it goes the way I want it to go. And it's all about me you know. :) I also thought my attitude was getting better but realize it was based on the original plan. Oh well.
...........................
I forgot how much my Fitflops did for my ankles. I've had a bit of pain here and there which is expected, but I've been almost pain free. I've worn those suckers everyday from the day I got them, that is until it snowed. I don't mind have cold toes but not wet ones. They don't seem to ever warm up. I honestly just thought my ankles were getting better. Not so. I've had regular shoes on for three days and both my ankles are killing me. Shoes hit right under my ankle bone where all the issues are. I had almost forgotten what chronic pain was like. Well now it's back and you get to hear me whine about it all winter. Bring on the sun!
...........................
Let's see what else can I be honest about. Because let's face it, honesty isn't always nice. And I may as well get it all out in one post so I can get back to being chipper. I guess there's some positive stuff mixed in here.
...........................
Oh yes. Imagine my surprise to find children at a gathering that I was specifically told on Sunday that children were not welcome too. It really made my life complicated trying to figure out how I was going to get there. KG had karate and if I waited for him to get home I would be an hour late. KG finally just canceled karate so I could go. If I had taken them, none of the chaos would have existed. On the other hand, it was a nice break. And I really needed what I got from the evening. But still...it's more fun to bitch sometimes.
...........................
It's so hard to see good friends going through difficult times! I wish I was made of money so that I could pull some family members and friends from their struggles. I am so sorry A that you are struggling and we are praying that something comes J's way or that he'll figure out what he wants to do. I am so sad for you and hope things get better soon!
...........................
I hate laundry. I really hate putting away clothes. And dishes. Who am I kidding. I hate everything that has to do with cleaning anything. Actually, if I never had to put clothes away, and could do the dishes and unload without having to do the scrubbing of the kitchen I might be happy. Probably not though. For a good portion of our marriage, KG has done the dishes, loading and unloading. I do the laundry. Washing and putting away. I'm burned out. So is he. So we are changing things up. I will now wash the clothes...he will put everything away. I will do the dishes. He will unload and put them away. We'll see how it all shakes out.
...........................
I've always liked to cook but have lost the drive over the last year or two or maybe more. I realized the other day that it's because I can't seem to get motivated to find recipes and just get in there and do it. It's so much work to keep it interesting. I also loathe the clean up after the fact. If someone gets all the ingredients and sets them out, I'd probably cook a lot more.
...........................
I love candy. This is a bad time of year for my sweet tooth. Halloween starts the demise of any progress I made throughout the year. Ice cream is the worst! It's a total love/hate relationship.
...........................
Christmas is only 8 days away!!! I can hardly wait. I love this time of year so much.
...........................
I'm so grateful that I have a friend that I can be totally honest with, even if it's because I'm not happy with her. I like that I can speak my mind and then it's done. At least it's that way on my end. I hope she feels the same way. Once I speak my mind, I'm over it. I hope if she ever had an issue with me she wouldn't hesitate to be honest. I like real relationships. Of course I'm prefect in every way so there'd never be a reason for her to be mad at me. It's so nice to be perfect.
...........................
I'm having some issues right now that I just can't seem to ever fully rid myself of. I get so down on myself. I feel like a failure for not being able to take care of it once and for all. I keep trying to find something positive out of it. Like maybe there is something I am supposed to learn from it and I haven't yet and that's why it keeps haunting me. *screaming now* Ok. Moving on.
...........................
My ankles are in so much pain.
...........................
I just had a conversation with my R.S. president in our church. I felt like a total idiot at the end of the conversation because I couldn't get through it without crying. You all know how much I love to cry in front of/to people after all. My dang heart just hurts so bad for people that are struggling.
...........................
We are going to a cookie and book exchange tonight at karate. I think it's such a great idea. the kids take a wrapped used book and will go home with a wrapped used book. The adults take a plate of cookies and go home with a plate of cookies. Fun.
...........................
I need to go make the cookies for the exchange tonight. I also need to make goody plates that we are supposed to deliver tonight but can't seem to get motivated. I probably need to stop blogging. :)

And that's my queue.
Peace out.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out