Saturday, December 27, 2008

We met Truxton!

We had a great weekend. Friday night my friend Amanda came over for a girls night. She came with pizza in hand and hung out with me and the girls and watched Mamma Mia. It was so nice to talk to her. We talked until 1:00 am and she got here at 6:00 pm. :) Love that.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
KG spent the evening at the clubhouse 'geeking it up' with his buddies. They each brought their computers and networked them together to play a game against each other. His night was even longer. He went there at 4:00 pm and didn't get home till 4:00 am! I'm so glad he was able to do this. It's been way too long.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Today the girls and I played and watched Fraggle Rock. KG gave it to me for Christmas. :) I almost caught River giving me a smile but she stopped halfway through so you get a half smile. :)
We also watched Mamma Mia again.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
The bright spot in the day was meeting baby Truxton! My cousins adopted him just two weeks after we adopted River but he is two months older then she. He is a big ball of cuddles! They are in town for Christmas and came over with my cousin Lisa, my Aunt Carolyn and baby Carolyn who belongs to yet another cousin. :o)
I didn't wake KG up because I knew he hadn't slept much yet. However, he heard us and couldn't pass up meeting the chubby goodness that is Truxton. Look how tired the poor guy looks!
As much as the pictures wouldn't suggest it, KG actually got lots of smiles from him which made the lack of sleep totally worth it!

Hurricane Carolyn is just as cute as can be!
They all were meeting River for the first time as well.
The proud Pappa.
I somehow only managed to get a photo of Jessica's legs and arms but at least it's proof she was here!
It was so nice to hold Truxton because now my 12 pounder feels tiny again! ;) We are so glad they made time to come visit us. We couldn't be more happy for them!
My parents showed up at the tail end of their visit to meet Truxton as well. It was fun to have so many visitors! :)
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
After everyone left we watched Mamma Mia yet AGAIN, but this time for KG's benefit. He hadn't seen it yet. Flower and I just can't get enough. While we watched he and I played one of the games I gave him for Christmas, Yahtzee Free For All. It was pretty fun.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
It just won't quit snowing around here. It's sure pretty.

The only time I ventured out in that crud today was to take Barb to work at noon and pick her up at 5:00. I don't much care for being cold and wet.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Tonight we watched Suits on the Loose. Flower fell asleep by 7:30 due to not having a nap. After the movie I took a bath with River joining me for a bit. That was kind of fun and she loves the water so far.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
It's been a very peaceful weekend so far.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out