Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Family and Friend babyshower.

I just realized that I still hadn't written about the baby shower that my sister through me. I didn't write about at the time because I hadn't mentioned the adoption on the blog yet.

I really needed this on this particular day! I am completely amazed at the love and support we were showered with. Twenty-seven of the thirty-two people we invited were able attend. Plus there was 12 kids. The fact that so many people came with such short notice, just four days, is heart warming. My sister decided to do this for me on the Monday we'd learned that Mandy had selected us, November 3rd. The shower was Friday, November 7th. We sat down that night to make all the phone calls since there wouldn't be time to send invitations. Sandee put so much work into this, especially since she was going through some unexpected things of her own that week and I am so grateful! I am still just really choked up by how many people came. It was completely unexpected. I definitely feel loved. I can't possibly thank everyone enough for the what we were gifted and what people have loaned to us, and it has already been such a huge help in raising our wee one. I want to thank Sara, Lynnette, Sandee and Alyse for the things you are lending us. It makes so much more sense to reuse perfectly good items then to spend money on new stuff!
We had it at the clubhouse and it worked out well.
My friend Jenn was gracious enough to take photos for me.
Enjoy.





My super awesome talented rockin friend Sara made this amazing diaper cake. It is awesome! There is so much fun stuff packed into that sucker. She is a rock star at these things. If you ever want her make you one I will hook you up with her!



















Flower was also gifted a lovely baby doll by Grandma Laura and she is so in love with it!
Thanks again, to everyone who came, for helping to bring some happiness into a stressful situation.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out