Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jenna's Wedding

November 21st was the big day for Jenna and Casey.
It was absolutely crazy for me. Knowing KG was at the hospital with our new baby didn't make it any easier. But it was so worth it! Especially since I just got her wedding gift in the mail and it wouldn't have been the same without the wedding portion of the photos.
Flower and I left my parents house, where we had spent the night, and I dropped Flower off with KG's mom at work so I could go to the sealing at 11:00.
Since there are so many photos I am just going to pick some of my favorites...which is still a lot.
The day started out at the temple for the sealing with photos to follow.






















The luncheon started at 1:00 pm in the north end at our church. We didn't get done taking photos until 12:45. I rushed back to Meridian to pick up Flower and then went straight to the church. I think I made it by 1:30.


We left there at 2:30. I made a stop at Albertson's and Rite-Aid in search of some hair things that I needed in order to make Flower's hair perfect for the wedding. She had to look beautiful for her first wedding debut. We made it home by 3:00 and wasted no time getting her bathed, dressed and hair all done. I was pretty happy with how she turned out. And with all the chaos of the baby, she needed this day. She certainly got plenty of attention at the wedding, pretty much stealing the show.We ran out the door by 3:45, doing all that in 45 minutes and I even kept my cool, in order to make it back to the north end to the country club by 4:00 pm for more photos.






























The reception started at 6:00 and they had a great turn out.
Flower is being held by her beloved Chow of our favorite restaurant, Oriental Express.

This photo makes me laugh. I would love to know what they were talking about with expressions like that! :)













And then they were off to the Anniversary Inn.
We finally left about 9:00 and were exhausted! The plan was to head to hospital. I was going to spend the night with River and KG was going to go home with Flower. Flower was passed out 5 minutes after we left the reception and since we would pass our place making the 40 minute drive to the hospital, we opted to just go home and get some sleep, joining KG and River in the morning.

I am so honored that I was able to be a part of every aspect of the wedding from the showers to party favors to the sealing and reception. The Sturg's are like family to us, knowing them for our entire married life after all, and I don't know that I have ever looked forward to a wedding more then this one. It was also heart warming that they wanted Flower in the wedding. Getting to wear a dress like that and get dolled up and then dance the night away, well, I don't think it could get any better for Flower. That is right up her alley and it couldn't have come at a better time. She needed that special time. Jenna and Casey are a beautiful couple and I loved watching it all unfold. It's also been fun seeing them since they returned from their honeymoon. They are simply glowing and are so happy.

2 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

You take such beautiful pictures! Might have to talk you into taking some of our family one of these times we head up to visit :)

Audie said...

Great job on their photos! It seems like it was a busy day for you but lots of fun at the same time.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out