Friday, December 19, 2008

Sweet moments.

When we got home from the party, I had River laying on the floor. Flower joined her and they shared some very sweet moments before they both fell asleep. I live for these moments. I even fell asleep on the sofa for a few minutes which was much needed!

Unfortunately the day didn't stay that calm. :) But it was fun. Before we went into the school that morning, John picked up KG in the parking lot for karate. I didn't want to go all the way home just to come back 45 minutes later so I sat in the car with River and talked on the phone with K until the party started. Half way through the party we realized KG left his apartment keys in the car so after karate he had to come back. That meant he stayed for the rest of the party. It was nice to have him there but he was exhausted after working all night and being up since 2:00 pm the day before. Then he only had about three hours of sleep before I left for work. I took Flower with me to make it little easier on him. That didn't work because River cried the two hours I was gone. :( Poor guy.
When I got home from work at 6:30 I decided to get the kids out of the house so he could have a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. I quickly did my Sunday bulletins, made chocolates for six goody plates, made dinner and fed River, all in about 40 minutes! I was impressed with myself. We then delivered 6 plates with cards. That's about all I can handle for one night. Tuesday night after the karate book/cookie exchange we delivered 7 which wasn't too bad. That night we ended at one of my favorite houses, the Wrights.
Those people mean the world to me. Linda was having a bad night so I just went in alone and talked for about 10 minutes, updating them on the adoption and got myself a nice hug. Linda has taught me so much about compassion and understanding for others trials. As a teen, when I met them, she was surprised at how I was truly able to understand how she was feeling. That's when I realized I had a very natural ability to listen to people have genuine understanding of what they were going through, even though I had never gone through it. I was able to understand things that were far beyond my years. It also opened my eyes to true struggles and that you really don't know what people are dealing with behind closed doors. I was friends with two her her kids. I quickly bypassed hanging with them to talk to her for hours and hours every day. She has had some major health challenges ever since she had her first child 30 years ago. She has dealt with them with such grace and she is amazing. Her husband has taught me about love and patience. He has loved her and stood by her when most men would have left. He is such an example to everyone who knows him. She hadn't been out of the house in a couple of years but ventured out when we had Flower sealed to us. That was incredibly hard for her and took hours of preparation and she will never know how much that meant to me. I get emotional just thinking about it and that she did that for me. She is a very special person. I think she has been one of the most influential people in my life.
Anyway, back to last night. We ended the evening at Kris'. Flower had been saying all day that she was Jenna after putting on this outfit.

I'm not sure how this relates to Jenna other then Jenna has a bucket hat similar to that one. She was excited to go there but Jenna wasn't there. However it was so cute watching her hang out with Matt. We folded up my bulletins and I left them there, saving me a trip to the church. I enjoyed talking and hanging out and barely made it home by 10:30 so KG could go to work. That also meant I missed out on my 12 days of Christmas dang it. :(
We went home with some goodies that Flower can hardly wait to open!
Only 6 days till Christmas!!!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out