Saturday, September 27, 2008

Annual Girls Night!

We do a girls night at my mom's each year shortly after school starts. It was Friday night and I planned it and decided we'd eat mom's yummy Autumn Stew, do a scavenger hunt, have desserts/candy in the color orange and play games. We had such a good time!



I did Flower's hair in corkscrew braids, three on each side. I love how they turned out.
All the kids love mom's music box collection.

My mom's stew, which she only makes at this time of year, is my favorite!
Amanda's orange caramel popcorn was a big hit.

I was planning to make a fun pumpkin dessert but with everything I had going on I opted for fresh peaches. Yum.
Torta brought Reece's Pieces.
Lo brought Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.


Sandee brought Candy Corns.
For the scavenger hunt we divided up into three groups. We had to complete 12 things off the list and then be the first back to mom's house. About half the things on this list required a photo. Here are the ones that my team completed with photos.
Take a photo of a man in a golf cart.
A photo of someone walking their dog.
A photo of a team member pumping a strangers gas.
A photo of a mom with 4 our more children.
A photo of the smallest house you could find. This a playhouse.
The other six things we completed were getting 4 ketchup packets from a restaurant, get a restaurants coupons, get a restaurant to-go menu, writing down how many swings were at Settlers Park, get a bank deposit envelope, and a restaurant coffee cup with a logo.
We won! We are number one. But really...was there ever any doubt? :) Right on sistas!
Second place. To be fair, we realized after they returned that the teams were a little unfair. They needed one of the older girls because really, Amanda was the only one that could do their running. We'll know better for next time.
And then we have the losers! :) But really, the reason they are the biggest losers is because they didn't listen to the rules and thought they had to complete everything on the list! No...only 12. Mmmm, fresh peaches 'n cream!
My Mom's sugar cookies are pure heaven. They are the only sugar cookies I like. Nothin' like 'em I'm tellin' ya.
The gang from left to right clockwise:
Flower, my sister Sandee, My BFF Kristen, my mom Opal, my niece L0, my niece Lorelai, my sis-in-law Amanda, my mom-in-law Laura, ME :), my nieces friend Alyse, my niece Torta, and finally my niece Kas. Such a fun bunch of girls!
We played Pictionary.

We also played Charades.






We also played Bubble Brain before calling it a night. We had such a good time. Good food, good company, good fun, good times! Can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

You are so lucky that you all live close enough to do that! I would consider selling a limb to have that opportunity

Amanda said...

Thanks for planning that. It was so much fun! I can't wait to do it again!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out