Monday, September 22, 2008

Marco and Stephanie tie the knot!

Friday afternoon Ashton and Ellektra came over to play. We made cookies for some special people for the weekend. I was also working during that time answering the phone. After they left I went to the office. Then we got ready to go out of town. Flower and I were taking a road trip. We bid farewell to KG, leaving him with half of the homemade cookies and were on our way. I wasn't really sure I was going to go until that afternoon. I was dreading driving by myself to Utah but that's what it came down to because I knew if I didn't go, I'd regret it big time. As usual Flower fell asleep about 45 minutes after we left and about a half hour after that I was falling asleep! I called and talked to KG to get through. I got a second wind and once Flower woke up we talked. Every time I got tired I called KG. We arrived late and went straight to my Grandma's where we were staying. She lives in an assisted living facility in South Jordon right next to the Jordon River Temple. As soon as we got out I snapped a picture from the parking lot. It's pretty with really interesting lines. We chatted a bit with Grandma and then went to bed exhausted.
Saturday morning we woke up too early! I was so tired but that's how it is in a place that is run on a tight schedule. People are coming in and out constantly to check on the residence, bring their medication, see if they want to join the exercise group and so forth. My Grandma was so thrilled to have us there! With little notice that we were coming she didn't have time to plan. She didn't have much in the way of food since she eats her meals in the dining hall with the other residents. We brought Grandma the other half of the cookies we made the day before. That is what you see Flower eating for breakfast in the photo. That's what going to Great Grandma's is all about right? Eating crap for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between? I think so. Grandma also gave her that pirate hat. We did manage to eat a few grapes to offset the sugar high.
While Grandma was off getting her hair done on the first floor of the facility, we showered with the worst shower ever and ready for the day.
Meet Sister Flower. Cute nun, would you agree?
Grandma walked us around the facility to introduce us to her friends. This is where they do their daily exercises. So cute!
We also spent some time outside.
I think it safe to say that they were clearly enjoying each others company.




Flower ran around the circle of flowers for a good ten minutes straight. Grandma just watched and laughed.

That afternoon Aunt Carolyn came over and then we all went to Applebee's for lunch. She always makes me laugh! We met my cousin Dani there as well. After lunch Carolyn took Grandma home to put her feet up and Dani took Flower and I to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I needed to get a wedding gift. We had a good time and I was so relieved not to have to drag grandma through the store. It was so nice to spend time with Dani. As we were getting back in the car it started raining buckets! When she dropped us off at our car we got soaked in just a few minutes. Flower hasn't seen much lightening and certainly nothing like what we were seeing then. As we were quickly trying to get in the car there was an extremely loud crack of thunder/lightning. It scared her half to death and as she jumped she just about fell into the back of the car from the front. She was not happy. I laughed and hugged her.
We then went back to grandma's and got ready for the wedding! We were so excited. This was the reason for the trip. My best friend Marco was finally getting married. I have waited 12 years for this day! I have never been more happy at a wedding! He has wanted a family for so long! Unfortunately I hadn't met the bride before the wedding but she seems amazing and perfect for him. They look adorable together and I couldn't be more happy for them! I hope to be able to get to know her, and them as a couple.
I love his family so much and never get tired of their hugs and love. As soon as we walked up his dad saw us and made a bee line with the biggest hug! His mom was next and then older brother Beto. Numerous aunts and uncles were happy to see us as well. It throws me off being around them because they all know me as Flower and when I hear that I always look down at my Flower before I realize they are talking to me! :) I miss it actually.
He didn't know we were coming. My favorite moment was when he looked up and saw us standing there with the camera pointed at him! I'd say he was pretty happy to see us!
He was waiting for his bride to walk the isle and then it started to rain so there was a bit of a delay. Then these little ladies got it started.
The beautiful bride walking the isle...
...to meet her groom.
I smiled when they reached for each others hand during the ceremony.
It made my heart so happy to see him glowing with happiness as he looked at her.


And it's official! Mr. and Mrs. Morley. Take note of the bishop's face right after he introduced them as husband and wife! Classic. :)
Their cake was so neat. It's hard to tell but there was an electronic picture frame in the middle layer with a slide show of their photos.
Flower was getting out of control attention as usual from anyone that laid eyes on her!
Marco's younger brother Stephen is my favorite and he gives the BEST hugs(except for KG's). KG's hugs make me melt every time and if I'm even the tiniest bit emotional, I totally break down when he hugs me. Well, Stephen is just one notch below that and I'm sure if he caught me on an emotional day I'd probably just crumble in his arms as well. I just love him and his cute family to pieces! And I think I got three or four of those fabulous hugs throughout the night! He's just a big teddy bear! Flower was being uncommonly shy the whole weekend. Not when it came to him!!! It was so strange how she attached to him the entire night! She didn't want him out of her sight! She would hang from his legs at every turn. It was pretty cute and heart warming to see how sweet he was with her.
Stephen, his wife Chelsea and their son Raab.

I love grandpa Morley. What a sweet man.
This whole family is so special to me.
Back row: Beto(his wife and four kids couldn't make it), Howard, Lucia, Chelsea and Stephen.
Front: Stephanie and Marco with baby Raab.
Most of you know KG and I are not traditional and if you remember our wedding it was anything but! I haven't been to a wedding that has even compared to ours! On the other hand, I have been to ONE that made me say, "If I were forced to wear a wedding dress, that would be the one." (said at Sam and Jessica Luque's wedding.) I didn't even wear a dress but I LOVED hers and it was truly unique. As far as decor and food is concerned, Marco and Stephanie's is now the only one that I'd love to do. I over heard someone saying that her favorite things are ice cream and candy. If that's true...girl after my own heart! They had an ice cream shop type freezer with 6 different flavors of hard ice cream to choose from, served in waffle bowls. There were lots of toppings to choose from as well. The tables were decorated with various candy. Mostly with blue, purple and white varieties. It was so lovely! It seemed their theme was 'sweet love' as is written on the clear block. So perfectly 'sweet'. Ha! So punny. :)
I can't even explain how much I love Lucia and Howard. They are just such genuinely sweet people who care about everyone! No wonder they raised four such amazing kids!
Here she is with her sweet grandson.

The yard of the wedding and reception was so beautiful!!!


There was also cute little framed photos of them on each table.
Mint chocolate chip was my ice cream of choice!
Flower chose chocolate with chocolate sauce and lots of whipped cream.
I just can't get enough of the decor. Layers of candy everywhere! This glass had grape nerds on the bottom with blue and white M&M's on top. It was all just so pretty.
Flower loves her Uncle Marco. I'd guess it's probably mutual.
After the reception we got something to eat together and then spent some time at the temple. It's so beautiful. Not Twin Falls beautiful but close.
The windows have so many colors. Very pretty.
I love the lines and angles.

The front with the fountain is amazing.
We enjoyed ourselves in the peace that can always be found on the temple grounds.
We had fun with grandma once we returned and she just loved having us there.
She is still old school and it makes me laugh. I mentioned at the beginning that she was getting her hair done earlier that day. She still gets her hair done once a week! That means washed, dried and styled only once! I can't imagine! I was so surprised as she was getting ready for bed that she wrapped her head! I'm not sure what this does exactly. It's still going to get flat whether you wrap it in toilet paper or not. Bless her heart.
Sunday morning we got Grandma off to church and then met cousin Dani for breakfast at Sconecutter. Dani is a senior in high school this year so we got to see her senior pictures and hear all about her dreams for after high school. We are so glad that Dani wanted to hang out with us! She is my youngest first cousin and she's graduating soon! Scary.
Flower and I were on the road by 11:30 am and made it home by 4:00! Not bad going from West Jordon to Boise in 4 1/2 hours. And we even made a stop in Snowville for gas. Yay for cruise control and people that stay out of my way!
We were thrilled to come home to KG. You'd think we were gone for a week. We still talked to him all throughout the day as if we were home! We watched the movie Cars later that night.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

looks like you had so much fun. the wedding looked amazing. you should tell the story of your wedding. i don't know it. what fun stuff did you do. and what things did you not want to do. what a fun memory to have.

Kaley Sparling said...

angie! flower is so stinkin adorable! how have you guys been? i used this pattern on jcarolinecreative.com there is a link to "how to's" and it the hobo bag. it was pretty easy to make. good luck!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out