Friday, September 5, 2008

I just might be more excited then she is!

Last night Flower got to go hang out with Great Grandma Hunter which she talked about all day today. She had a great time!
We went to parent orientation night at Flower's preschool. The moment we walked into the school and I saw Flower's name on the Polar bear by her hook I just got so excited! And it's not because she'll be out of the house for 5 hours a week. I'm excited about everything she's about to experience. We spent about a half an hour with Miss Diane and I just kept getting more and more excited as I looked around the room and learned what she'd be doing this year. I'm also very excited to get involved. They do a field trip once a month. She'll have designated days that she's the queen bee. She is in charge of bringing the snack for that day, bringing a 'show and tell' item, being in charge of various activities and preparing the snack with the teacher. She is going to LOVE that. I'm sure I'll cry like a baby next Tuesday when I drop her off but I'm very excited for her. It's just that it's the first time that I'll be entrusting her in someone elses care on a regular basis. Two and half hours a day for two days a week. She has been anticipating 'I going to school in Setember' for several months now! She was so happy that she got a new t-shirt and special school bag.I have heard such amazing things about this school. They really prepare the kids for going to kindergarten and have it set up much the same way. I'm looking forward to Tuesday. And I'm sure you'll all be on the edge of your seat that day waiting for photos so I will not disappoint! :)

2 comments:

Holwege Family said...

how exciting, they grow up too fast.

Norma said...

What a doll!! Takes me back to our first day at school and posing in front of the door in a uniform.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out