Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"A" is for apple...with a little caramel on top!

Today, as I mentioned last week, Flower got to be the big shiz in class. Part of the duties is bringing the snack for the day which includes food and drink. The letter of the week is "A" so we chose to take "a"pples complete with caramel sauce for dipping, and Sunny D.
That ended up being perfect as I found out when I got to the class that their craft for the day was making at apple topped with caramel out of paper! :) We are soooo good. ;) Flower also got to take a favorite toy to share with the class. She chose her favorite pink glitter star princess magic wand. That is how she described it to the class. Then she passed it around and the kids got to hold it. It's teaching them to share. She told them that she likes her wand because it's pink and has glitter. She likes princesses and they have wands and she likes to use it when she plays dress up. She's never told us that before! It was funny listening to her teacher tell me these things because, as she said, "Flower is very vocal and language seems to be her strong suit." I think she is surprised by just how well she knows how to use words and describe things.
Last night when we were eating dinner I said something was ridiculous and Flower said something along the lines of, "that's like stupid and we don't say stupid!" It surprises me that she knows the two can be used interchangeably. She is too smart for her own good.
In class she got to help the teacher pass out papers, pass out the snack, be her example in a story and be the line leader. She was very excited to tell me about her day.
When we got home we sat at the table and she pulled everything out of her bag to show me what she'd done. It was so fun.
She was very proud of her caramel apple.
I think I am really going to love this preschool thing. Or should I say me time. Since today was the first day of it resembling normal for us, I basked in the 2 hours of lazy, quiet reading time. I do plan to start being more productive for at least one of the days each week. :) Next week, ankle permitting, I hope to start working out in the clubhouse as soon as I drop her off. I'm also hoping that no one else uses it during that time. I hate being in there with someone else because it's on the small side. And I plan to take my iphone and watch Shear Genius! :) When someone else is in there, they have the tv cranked beyond a deafening level! Plus it's usually something I don't want to watch. Anyway, here's hoping it works in my favor. I also want to start sewing or getting my craft on in some way. Only time will tell! :)
Happy Tuesday to you.

2 comments:

NT Weekes Family said...

I remember those pre-school days! :o) I'm enjoying having two out of the three in school... at least part of the day! My afternoons are FuN-- just me & the 3yr. old for now... :o)

Heather BT said...

Healthy Caramel apple dip
I block cream cheese (can be lite)
1 TBL real vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
Beat W/ beater
Dip in apple slices.
Not quite as fun to eat as carmel apples on a stick, but just as tasty and more fun.

Acer is enjoying pre-school, he just doesn't enjoy getting up at 6 AM for the bus. It's great there are only three kids w/two teachers in his room too.
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out