Friday, September 5, 2008

Table Rock and Mexican food

This afternoon Flower and I went on an outing to Table Rock. I don't even recall the last time I was there. Several times last summer we did the hike, never making it to the top. The farthest we went was three quarters of the way. But I really wanted to enjoy the view so we drove! It's really beautiful and I love the Boise skyline and seeing downtown and all that good stuff. Flower had fun climbing on all the rocks and exploring. I was also delighted at the condition of the place. Two of my friends have mentioned going recently and thankfully we didn't experience any of the trash/garbage/graffiti that they spoke of. There was some graffiti on rocks below but I also must say I find beauty in tastefully done graffiti on rocks and stuff. But all the vulgar stuff had been painted over on the bench and main area. There was also no trash to be found! We were also there by ourselves! Happy Happy!






I love her style of pairing a black shirt, jeans and a tutu together! :) She rocks.
This bench is so great. A perfect place to sit/stand/lay and take it all in.





A view of the Old Penitentiary from way up high.
I think it's neat when flowers are growing up out of rocks.

What a sweet little bee.
I was trying to go in for a closer shot and Flower ran up and scared it away.
Love these little adventures we share.
Tonight we went out to dinner at Casa Amigo's with Kris and Jer. We found something to talk about that made Jerry roll his eyes and blush simultaneously. It was hilarious. I still giggle just thinking about it. :)
My weekend is off to a great start. I hope yours is.

4 comments:

A-me said...

oh, table rock! What a great day you had. Love the pic of you and flower. I'm jealous.

Lucky.

ang :o) said...

Thanks Ame. You inspired me to go. I was so impressed with how clean and quiet it was!

A-me said...

Someone seriously cleaned up that place in a couple weeks...

Izzard and I enjoyed LOTS of broken glass everywhere, trash oozing out of trash cans and around the trash cans and graffiti of a giant penis on the bench :) followed by some oh so choice words.

A-me said...

oh and lots of peeps... while we were there, there was about 12 people.. not including us.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out