Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New outfit and rad hair

Since I haven't posted nearly enough today....here's another.
This morning was cool enough outside that Flower finally got to wear one of the new shirts she picked out and the jeans that I chose and our favorite converse shoes! She is so used to me taking photos of her every move that as we were leaving, totally running late, she asked if I was going to take a picture of her new outfit. I grabbed the camera and ran. She stood for a quick second in front of a bush before we got in the car. And when we arrived we still ended up waiting for the teacher to open the door so not bad!
Here she is with her cute little outfit. The shirts a bit big but will shrink when washed I'm sure.
And last night right before it was time for her to go to bed I got a bug up my rear and decided to do something fun with her hair. If her hair is ever going to be fun it will have to be done at night because there is no way in hell I will ever have time to do anything cute before school! On school days we are actually awake, ready and out the door before we are even awake on normal days! It's a beast! I just hoped after all that work that the hair creation would still look good after being slept on. I think it did.

And she got to watch an episode of Jo Jo's Circus well past her bed time so she was diggin' it and sat nice and still.
I like it and got a nice ego boost when it was all the rage with the moms at preschool. Because my self esteem relies on it you know.
I actually stuck to my goal and worked out after I dropped her off too! Can you believe it?! I can't. But it was much needed. Things were getting a bit scary in my head. It felt really good. Because of that and other errands there was no sense in going home for only a half hour so I got to the school early. I got to witness Flower's little personality with all the other kids. She cracks me up. It reminded me so much of me. So scary. Poor thing.
The last thing they do before they go home is play outside. They get to the parking lot and practice, one at a time, looking both ways for cars and crossing safely across. They are also supposed to walk single file and WALK. When they were headed for the play ground all the kids were standing calmly in line waiting for their turn with their hands behind their backs...except Flower. She was jumping up and down and spinning circles in her spot. Then when it came her time to cross, she started running and the teacher had to call her name and she had to do it again. She finally made it with the other kids and I was sitting in the car laughing. She was just so anxious to play.
Then when it was time to go back to the school she ran ahead of the line with Benjamin and they had to go back and try again. Then when they got to the side walk all the kids crossed and the teacher, being in front of the line, was almost inside before she realized two of them did not follow. Yep, Flower and Benjamin were somewhere out of my view behind that white van.
Teacher Diane came back and helped them across. Evidently she's either anxiously racing to be first or distracted and wandering. Sounds very similar to my childhood, ahem, entire life! For her sake, I hope it's just a phase.
As soon as we got in the car and I asked her about her day she said, "Me and Benjamin got in trouble for getting out of the line and being slow." It was really hard not to laugh at her cute voice saying that. She is also the smallest in her class! And she's not the youngest. Some of the boys are big! She likes to play on the airplane teeter totter and both times I've seen her on it the biggest boy in class is on the other side. She can't get her side down so he shoots his side up making her side slam and she bounces. Then when his side comes crashing back down, before she's even had a chance to get her wits about her and readjust, she's bounced again and almost falls off the damn thing. The teacher has had to intervene a couple of times to get her back in the seat before she either falls off or gets a leg smashed when he jolts her side back down. And yes, I'm sitting in the car laughing at the whole seen. Because I know she'll be fine so I don't feel the need to run over and be all 'protective overbearing mother hen' on her. I was a rough and tumble kid with no fear so I don't worry much.
Tonight the three of us went grocery shopping for the first time in a while. It's one of my favorite things to do together. When we got home we tried a new recipe. I read it off while KG cooked. It was good team work and turned out excellent! In the midst of that I was bidding and WINNING and ebay auction for K. It got pretty intense as it got down to the wire but I prevailed! :) KG went to work early and Flower and I enjoy our evening playing make believe swimming pool behind the sofa, teaching her how to tie her shoes(she's almost got it and did it once by herself), and hanging out. I also realized tonight that she didn't watch any TV today! Yahoo. I've been trying to limit it to one half hour show but some days it's just too easy to turn it on! I just don't like that she thinks she always has to watch it so I'm making more of an effort to just leave it off and show her other things. It's working because she only asked for it once today and I said, "after dinner" and it never came up because we were having fun!
Tomorrows 'hump' day. Hope your week is going smooth like butta. Mine is jam packed and I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Norma said...

I have three girls and have always been hair challenged.......and now they do their own!!!!!!
I was good at dressing them and they always looked well put together and stylin".

The photo of Flower Amanda posted is adorable. Yours I think?

Audie said...

Love the hair!

sara :) said...

Way cute hair! I managed to comb through Sidney's rat's nest before she headed out the door this morning...

Shannah said...

I love flowers hair. You are so good at doing it!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out