Monday, September 29, 2008

Jenna's Bridal Shower and Marco's Wedding Reception...

That's a whole lotta wedding type of crap for one day!
Jenna's Bridal Shower was Saturday afternoon. Aside from enjoying myself and being so happy for her, I was the designated photographer. I was happy to do it.
Kathy and Mandy hosted and they did a lovely job.
Lots of gifts which is the best part! :)
There was a yummy spread.





Lots of mingling.




Beautiful scenery.




Putting a canopy together. :)


A competition of making wedding dresses from toilet paper.











And now for the judging to be done by Jenna. I think the choice is obvious.
Wow to the one on the far right!



Can you believe how amazing this dress is? I still can hardly believe it's toilet paper. These girls need to become designers!





Bring on the gifts.







The opening of my gift was by far the most entertaining to me. It definitely got the best response which explains why I took so many photos! :)





KG helped me pick it out. :)









The peanut gallery. Velma and Susan had me cracking up the entire time!











The shower was really well done and Jenna was great. She definitely wins the prize for most enthusiastic gift opener. She reacted to every.single.gift as though it were a million dollars. She was truly excited and grateful for everything she was receiving, big or small. I had fun taking photos and it was nice to be a part of it. Now, if I'm going to be honest, I have to say, if I wasn't taking photos, I would have bailed halfway through. You'll have to read more in the next post because this one is long enough already. And that way if you just want happy stuff without the dose of reality, you don't have to read it.
So after the shower I went home and was just pissed the whole way home and then not very nice when I got home because I wanted quiet so I could wallow in this ridiculousness.
That all changed however when we went to Marco's wedding reception. I didn't take my camera because I got enough photos at the wedding. I just wanted to enjoy myself. And that I did. We got there at 7:30 and stayed till it was over. We were invited by Marco's dad to come over to their house for a bon fire. At the insistence of Stephen, we went. :) We were there until midnight. I love hanging out by a campfire and shootin' the breeze. Especially with KG and Flower! It was so peaceful. All the bitter and ugly feelings from earlier in the day were gone. It was great. Unfortunately with everyone around we didn't really have a conversation with Marco and Stephanie other then simple pleasantries. So we don't really know her any more then we did before we went but that's ok. The feeling that I had when I left there somewhat reiterated that I just need to surround myself with people that make me feel good about myself, appreciate me and people that I love. I like feeling fulfilled when I leave someone's company. When I leave someone, I want to be glad that I went and spent time with them.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out