Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The name of my Bus is Crush.

For two reasons. I've always had a crush on the VW buses and because I love the character Crush in Finding Nemo. Well I came inches away from being Crushed by it yesterday. What an appropriate name I picked.
So in the preschool story I left off with not ever making it to lunch. I was just a few blocks away from Oriental Express and the bus stalled out at 10th and Jefferson. No big deal. I can just push it to the side of the road and we can walk. I could come back after lunch and jump it or whatever needed to be done. Well the lady behind me at the light offered to help so she drove through the light and parked her car in the stall in front of the one I was headed for. Then another girl offered to help. One of them said, "you be on that side and I'll be on this side." The other one said, "yeah and I'll get in back." They are not heavy cars so we actually ended up getting it moving a bit too fast....especially since none of us thought about the fact that someone, being me, should be behind the wheel to be able to push the break. Yep. It was headed right for this woman's car! So I attempted to jump in and you guessed it, I fell and almost got ran over by my own bus. I blacked out for a bit but I got up quickly and was very dizzy. A man came running from across the street to assist me while the girl in the back ran forward and successfully jumped in and stopped it just in time, parking right behind her car. He thought for sure he saw my ankle get run over. Everyone was totally shocked about what just occurred and asked if I was ok. Part embarrassment, part adrenalin told them I was. I assured them I was fine and they left. The second I tried to get in the bus and put weight on my 'good' ankle, I knew I wasn't and then I LOST it! Total hysterics. I was in shock and also couldn't remember exactly what had happened after I fell. I made several phone calls trying to find someone to help me. The first and most calm and collected being to Kris because I thought she was just a few blocks away at the YMCA (I'm sure she thought I was dieing). I couldn't get through to anyone. KG was in court with Jury duty and couldn't be reached. I finally called Jenna who works at Oriental Express and she came right over. Before she arrived Kris called and she and Jerry were on their way. Then KG called to tell me he had been selected to be on the jury panel but was on a break and then he came right over. They all arrived at close to the same time. K&J took me to the ER. By this time it was an hour after the ordeal occurred. KG parked the bus and took Flower for a bit. Jenna went back to work(later bringing Flower some food from Chow! She is such a sweet lady!). I was happy to be admitted right away. I was still there for about 2 hours. KG also brought Flower back because he couldn't get out of jury duty. The doc did two rounds of x-rays while K&J took Flower to eat in the cafeteria. Two different girls did the x-rays and both couldn't believe how small my feet were. It made me laugh. When I came in I was sweating so bad. While they were gone it turned into major chills and the nurse wrapped me up in a warm blanket. Awhile later the doc came and saw that I was crying and again offered Norco. When he first offered I declined and just took four Motrin. They were not doing a thing! I gladly took two Norco. Jenna eventually showed up with a sweet little stuffed bunny. K&J played with Flower in the toy area and she was loving life! The final diagnosis is that nothing is broken but it is severely sprained. Since they only do x-rays and not MRI's there's no tellin' exactly what was pulled/sprained/contorted! They hooked me up with a prescription for Norco, an air cast and crutches and sent me on my way. I went to K&J's so that I wouldn't have to deal with stairs, although I did slide down their stairs on my fanny. Flower and I both needed sleep! K took great care of me setting me up with an icepack and blanket in the bed downstairs. Flower was next to me. The last thing she wanted to do was go to K&J's and have to sleep! She kept begging to go play on the playground but as soon as she stopped talking she was asleep. It took about 5 minutes. Poor girl. The whole time I was hysterical in the bus she kept asking if I was going to be ok and telling me it's alright. It was so sweet. (And although I was very comfortable on the bed...what was I thinking not requesting the Tempurpedic that is upstairs?!!! :)) I was kind of in and out of sleep and still had the shakes. Flower slept an hour and a half. KG got there at 5:30 and when I sat up and got out of bed, that's when it became apparent I really didn't remember anything. I was so sore all over! My stomach is all bruised and hurts SO bad. My right hand and wrist(which I do remember hitting the ground to catch myself) is bruised, the same elbow is bruised with a little road rash(which I do remember dusting off when I got up), I have a bruise on my face and my head hurts where I'm sure I hit it but there is no bump. Today my right ankle and knee hurt and my right hip has a bruise on it. I am most perplexed by the stomach. The bruise goes clear from one side to the other across my mid section and up the left side of my rib cage! Maybe I landed on my stomach and lightly hit my face as well which caused the slight bruise on my cheek? It sucks not remembering but this is the norm for me. I also had major chills! I couldn't stop shaking including my jaw. They wrapped me in two blankets and then KG and Jer gave me a blessing before we left. I am so grateful they were able to drop what they were doing to come help me and they took such good care of me! I just can't thank them enough and am happy that they were so close. I can't think of anyone else that I'd rather look so stupid in front of. :) When we left we made a stop by Oriental Express and got take-out. I think we were all asleep by 10:30 which never happens in this house! I woke up all throughout the night in pain and was up for good at 4:00 am. Today has been tough because Flower is being a three year old and needs my constant attention. She doesn't understand why I can't just jump up at her every whim. If it was just my ankle I'd probably be ok but everything hurts. I also have no idea when KG is going to be home because once they go into deliberation that can take hours and then there is no guarantee of getting out by 5. Ugh. The good thing about the jury duty is that he hasn't had to work at night and therefore was with me last night and will be tonight.
So there you have it. Another totally klutzy move by me! And by the way, the only reason the other girl was able to jump in so easily was because she had at least 8 inches on me! It's hard enough for me to get in when it's standing still! Which is why I'm beating myself over the head wondering what the hell I was thinking!

5 comments:

Audie said...

I about cried when I read that! I hope you get feeling better soon!!

sara :) said...

Angee that is horrible! Please let me know if I can do anything. I have Thursdays off.

Take care and enjoy that Norco!

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

WOW. You poor thing. I'm amazed you handled it as well as you did!!!

La belle mère said...

ANG!! Holy cow woman, you have got quite the life... I'm glad that you have good friends that take care of you, though. :-)

lisa said...

hi angee; hope you are doing better and feeling better. i am the super cluzy of my family. know that i am thinking about you and if you need any thing let me know okay. love always lisa

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out