Thursday, September 25, 2008

Teddy Bear Olympics and other chaos

Last night was the beginning of pure craziness for the next few days.
I have always loved doing hair. When I was little I would only buy dolls that had hair I could play with. I would do hair at girls camp and the hair of kids that I babysat. I loved it. So go figure that I get a daughter with beautiful long hair and I rarely do it. Part of it is because I love it down. It's just so pretty and shiny. Well now I'm in the mood to play a little bit.
Yesterday afternoon I did this.
Four braids, the center ones being crossed.
First I left the pony tails loose.
Then I decided to braid them.
What do you think...braided or unbraided pony tails? I think I like it better unbraided. They flow a bit more. Mabey the braids are over kill since there are already four? Opinions?
After I did her hair she went down for a nap and I got to go to lunch with Kris and Brenda. We met at Hyde Park Casa Mexico. I had been looking forward to it and really enjoyed myself. Thanks ladies.
KG let Flower ride her bike for a bit before he went to Scouts and then went straight to work. He dropped her off to me at work. After work we walked around the complex so she could ride some more.

That evening I had a good conversation with my friend Amanda. I worry about that girl and because she seemed in good spirits I felt better after talking. Last night was just crazy with lots of things to get done. Unfortunately I forgot about all the things that needed to get done until after I was almost asleep. In an attempt to actually get decent sleep, Flower and I were in bed by 9:30 and I was almost asleep before I shot up remembering everything that I had to have done by the morning. Crap. I was pissed! So much for sleep. For whatever reason Flower had no interest in going to sleep! At about 11:30 pm I went into the computer room to do my bulletin for Sunday. All had been quiet for about a half hour. Then all of a sudden I hear Mamma Mia. I go into the bedroom to see Flower dancing on my bed to her favorite song, my phone in hand. I have no idea how she even navigated her way through my phone to find the song she wanted. She blows me away. I laughed a little and layed her back down. I think she was asleep by 1:00 am. :(
We were up at 7:45 this morning. Ugh. We went to breakfast as soon as KG got home from work. That was a nice bit of time together. We dropped Flower off at school and then went to the clubhouse so I could work out. KG then went home and I went back to the school. I had signed up to help with the Teddy Bear Olympics they were doing. That went from 10:15 to 11:45! It was really fun but a little drawn out if you ask me.
It was so cute to see them all march out in single file carrying their torches. :) All the kids wore red, white and blue and were very excited about the whole thing.
They had opening ceremonies which included walking in a circled while singing.
Then they each touched their flame to the pot in the middle to light it.
Then she turned around and saw me standing there and was so excited to see me! She started yelling, "teacher teacher my mommy's here!" All the other parents were cracking up. Obviously she didn't know I was coming.


They got to do so many fun activities.
A trampoline.
Kickball.



Barbells. She wasn't too excited about it.
Bean bag toss.
I went to Junior High and High school with the gal in the photo. It's been fun to get reacquainted.

Soon enough she was more enthusiastic about the barbell and had to show that she could one arm it! She went around trying to show everyone her strong muscles.
The parachute. This was always one of my favorite things as a kid! I think it safe to say these kids agreed!
They got to bounce their bears.
She got to run under it while everyone lifted it above her.
And then she ran back as it came down on her head.

Then they all got underneath it together while the adults bounced it above them.
I love their laughter and smiles!

They had a relay race.



Then they all huddled on the blanket for snacks...bottled water, Capri Sun, granola bar, and Popsicle! Little bit much I think. They usually have one snack and one drink. Oh well.
The red headed kid is the one that's always on the other end of the teeter totter with Flower. You remember...bouncing her to pieces. He reminds me of a kid in her nursery class at church. He totally makes me laugh. Every time I look at him he's making a funny face.

She was so proud of her torch that she got to make.
The played 'volleyball'.
They were given a ring with fun ribbons to dance around with.
The boy in the red that Flower is chasing is Benjamin. You might remember him from the other day when they got in trouble together. They played together more then the other kids did today.
They were constantly chasing one another. His mom and I were getting a kick out of watching them. They really have fun together.
Flower cheered so loud when he received his medal and yelled his name. Then she looked up and said, "clap mom, that's Benjamin!" His mom laughed so hard when she heard that.
Flower was so proud of herself! Can you tell by the way she shot her arm up in the air? They each got a gold medal put around their neck.
The school really put a lot of time an effort into this day and the kids had a ball. I kind of thought it was a but drawn out, especially since it went 15 minutes past when school gets out. However, I appreciate what they do. I love that she is getting exposed to fun, different things and she looks forward to it.
On Tuesday they each painted the Olympic Rings to prepare for today.
So cute! She went home with so much Olympic loot Good times.
The original plan for the day was to rush her straight to Great Grandma Hunters right after school and then head to the cannery until 4:00. I was becoming totally overwhelmed with my day, especially since Barb called me yesterday asking if I could work for her. I just planned to take the calls from the cannery. But it was just one event after another. Well Kris came through and saved my hiney (and mental and emotional state)! She so willingly went for me and I am most grateful. When we got home, Flower slept for 4 hours!!! No surprise since she only slept 6 hours the night before instead of her normal 10 or 11. Silly kid. That gave me lots of time to get things done and as soon as I was done working I had to go to my brothers. I am staying with my two neices, which is where I am right now. KG brought us and I will be using my brothers car. We all went to Fudruckers for dinner before KG had to go to work. The girls and I then went to the store to get some goodies for our girls night on Friday. It's been a fun night. We hung out and watched a movie. I let them stay up too late and Lo talked to her boyfriend (that he parents don't know exist so keep in on the DL!) for two hours. I love being the fun aunt! I forgot how much junk these guys eat though. We ate dinner. Then they each bought candy at the store which they ate promptly when we got home. Then an hour later they broke out the ice cream. Then some Oreos. And now at almost midnight, Lo is eating chips! Seeing them eat was enough to made me sick. Yikes.
Thankfully Flower and Torta fell asleep about 11. And that's when Lo desperately needed cough drops so we made a trip to the store. We are going to have an early morning, starting at 7 getting these two off to school and then the day pretty much never slows down. And Lo is a super late nighter if allowed so we are not a good pair. We are going to be tired tomorrow! However, I am exhausted and can feel the tired delirious headache coming on so I'm going to try my best to shove her, ahem, guide her lovingly, to bed.
Goodnight.

1 comment:

MKB said...

That is so cute. What a fun and great idea to do...though I agree it was a little overboard. At least Flower had fun though.

Here is the girls bloghttp://www.xoxopeterson.blogspot.com/
and her sisters
http://rowdygirl.typepad.com

it just cracks me up.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out